Civ III Great Books Editor

Thanks, nonnob3.
Yeah, this one is jealous because it's big brother the Civ III Diplomacy Editor gets all the attention. :cool:

The diplomacy editor will have someone to look up to when its big brother, the script.txt editor is done. :mischief: :D

I think it might be possible to have more than 8 civs listed. I almost got it to work :undecide:
I didn't use this program, but instead went right to the great books.txt file . I just copied and pasted the first 8, then changed the numbers and ranks of course. For the description (glorious, pathetic, etc.) I had just copied them also, so the last 8 was just a repeat of the first 8.

As you can see, the ranks showed up Ok, but the civs and descriptions were screwed up. Don't know if there was something that I missed that would enable you to have more than 8, or if it really is hard-coded.

I think the reason why those show up is because it is "plain text"
You typed it in so it displays it, however the functionality is not there. Maybe in PtW it will allow more civs.

Does that mean it works for PtW. pesoloco? I am glad to see that the Diplomacy Editor works for PtW; now I just have to change the settings when I get some time.

Cool, I'm gonna try out this one, and you know what I'm going to do with it, if I can? Edit out the names of civs so when the box pops up I won't see everyone in the game before I get the chance to meet them. I know, I know...just look away, you're saying. But my eyes keep getting glued to the great books box every darn time...! ;)

More utilities, must have more!

Josephus? Where's Hitler? Mein Kampf was more influential than any of Josephus' publishings about the Hebrews he betrayed.

Mein Kampf is the highest selling book in the Palestinian Territories, even higher than the Qu'ran.

Originally posted by SaDis†iK
Josephus? Where's Hitler? Mein Kampf was more influential than any of Josephus' publishings about the Hebrews he betrayed.

Mein Kampf is the highest selling book in the Palestinian Territories, even higher than the Qu'ran.

Josephus was just an example.

Bamspeedy: how did you manage to change the "advisor" over the great books list???

the file seems to have been removed...
could someone upload it again
please

something is wrong with the link! For some reason i cannot download the program

Top Bottom