Civ IV Losing My Mind Over My Mod

BonafideDog

Chieftain
I'm about ready to blow my brains out over this. I've been trying to make a custom civilization mod and to do so I downloaded a Galactic Republic mod to format my own with. I was unable to get any of the changes I made to even load in the game, as when I start my mod it just looks like base game BtS. I tried testing just what I was doing wrong and found that I can't even substitute a button graphic in the GR mod without it not showing up, that being the ONLY change I made. In addition to this, I can't even load an EXACT COPY of the GR mod in BtS without NONE of the mod components even showing up, it just reverts back to base game. How am I supposed to ever mod this game if I can't even make small changes without them not showing up?? I'm losing my sanity over this please help!

Let us ask the simplest of questions first.
  1. Have you created a folder in the Mods folder of BtS with the name of your mod and placed your XML in there?
  2. Are you loading your mod by selecting it in the Advanced/Load a mod menu?

Yes to both counts, I'm using the Mods folder in BtS specifically, and I load my mod through the advanced/load mod option. All the error pop-ups have seemingly been fixed, but it crashes everytime it reaches "Init XML (Uncached)" with no assertion windows telling me why, and there's nothing in the logs about it. Someone else who loaded my mod says it works fine, but for me it doesn't

Yes to both counts, I'm using the Mods folder in BtS specifically, and I load my mod through the advanced/load mod option. All the error pop-ups have seemingly been fixed, but it crashes everytime it reaches "Init XML (Uncached)" with no assertion windows telling me why, and there's nothing in the logs about it. Someone else who loaded my mod says it works fine, but for me it doesn't
It sounds like a setting in your CivilizationIV.ini may not be correct.It is found in your My Games/Beyond the Sword folder.

First. Back it up, then delete it and run the game again. This will create a default version.

If that does not work then try changing
  • LoggingEnabled to 1 if it isn't
  • ModularLoading to 0 if it is 1 or 1 if it is zero. There are two ways of doing modular loading some mods do it one way and others do it the other. The BtS way came out after the community had developed a method, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom