1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI - Beta Gauntlet VI

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, May 18, 2017.

1. whacker

whacker Chieftain

@WillowBrook: i played your start as well, but then the Gotm came in my way, so it will take some days until i can finish it.
    @Kruncha: i 100% agree with everything you wrote! Especially the rapid development phase after t100 is something you need to get a grasp on.
    @Sumorex: 21 cities by t100 sounds very promising to me. Even if you stopped conquering after that, a ~t170-180 should theoretically be possible with 21 cities.

Thats awesome, thanks for testing! Although i find it to be unrealistic this may change my priorities, as xbows become even more powerful.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    WillowBrook likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

NP, I like testing, firetuner makes it faster for tests like this, others are a pain... here is the post with nice pics to prove that towers work even with xbow at 2 tile range.... and that rams do not work.... but do not hinder if present.
    The best strategy for rams and towers

Sumorex likes this.
  3. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Gauntlet closed. whacker wins again with nearly the same time as the previous gauntlet (T153 there).

Gauntlet Results:
    Beta VI - Science, Emporer, Large, Continents, Normal, Victoria

1st whacker - T-154
    2nd Kruncha - T-163
    3rd Sumorex - T-189

Well done to the medal winners and thanks everyone for taking part.

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Full list of entrants as below.

1. whacker T154
    2. Kruncha T163
    3. Sumorex T189
    4. Rakish T191
    5. WillowBrook T222

5. whacker

whacker Chieftain

I have finally finished your map @WillowBrook :)
    t163 SV.

I really liked the map and the city states were awesome. Sadly the mountain range to the east made a fast domination impossible, also Scythia was well protected by terrain. Unfortunately Scythia and Russia spammed HS and encampments, so their cities took really long to contribute to a SV, some never did. I spared Kongo/Germany/egypt as it was too late into the game.
    Order of conquest was China-Scythia-Russia. In a replay i would attack Scythia first and then Russia->Kongo->Germany. China is pretty isolated and it took ages to move all the units up north.
    The map did not have a good Zimbabwe spot in the vicinity, so i decided not to build it. 4 Eco CS almost made up for the missing gold, but the additional traderoutes England provides were less helpful than in most games. Instead, i bought a settler very late into the game and founded a city in the tundra with lots of stone/wood/deer for the Spaceport and projects.
    The english traits were pretty much useless, which shows that England can by anything between top and low tier, only depending on continent layout.
    Thanks for providing the save, i had great fun with it. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    WillowBrook likes this.