Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Be glad for gladius and scutum. I've heard that Carthaginians got salt instead of snow :p
There, the Romans weren't trying to be malicious. They just heard that Carthage wanted snow for Christmas, and salt was as close to snow as they could get in Tunisia. :mischief:

Captive Audience lol, now and then they corner themselves.

Attachments

• Civ6Screen0071_TrppedBoatCropped.jpg
    Civ6Screen0071_TrppedBoatCropped.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 330
Here's one from the modding world.

I don't know why this makes me laugh soooooo hard, but I make this mistake all the time QAing code with Firetuner. You have to be careful when placing cities. If it's turn 1 and you try to place a city where it can't go, it counts as the city being destroyed and if the player has no other cities they are instantly killed. I do this constantly and it makes me cry with laughter every time.

upload_2018-3-11_16-32-56.png

Also, the time I play tested a modded ability for Genghis Khan that added -2 Loyalty per turn to anyone at war with him but wasn't sure it was applying properly, so I changed the value to -200 and anyone I declared on instantly died and forfeited their kingdom to me. :D :D :D

upload_2018-3-11_16-47-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-11_16-31-55.png
    upload_2018-3-11_16-31-55.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
You know, I've never conquered a city-state...but I might be sorely tempted to conquer Kumasi under those circumstances. :p

upload_2018-3-12_7-21-55.png

-63 warmonger penalties?

So many positive modifiers the total relationship change is still +4 per turn.

@Kimiimaro, so it does look like Amanitore likes to conquer nearby City-States early.....she must be friends with Chandragupta....:rolleyes:

Amanitore Conquered Babylon.jpg

When in Nubia's history did they conquer another capital so quickly? It took them a while to become the rulers of Egypt....

I'd be pretty annoyed if I found Babylon conquered; they're the perfect Science city-state for culture players. :p (Also I'd love to see their city-state ability adapted for Assyria's [or Babylon's] UA.)

@Kimiimaro, so it does look like Amanitore likes to conquer nearby City-States early.....she must be friends with Chandragupta....:rolleyes:

View attachment 491029

When in Nubia's history did they conquer another capital so quickly? It took them a while to become the rulers of Egypt....
Looks like the fact that they have early OP archer really helps them in their conquest...

I might have to go to war with Nubia in that game.....but she might reconquer it again :wallbash:

I hated how Chandragupta conquered Carthage in my America game (still unfinished) and the conquered CS has "full loyalty" to India. He even spammed two cities close to my empire and still has full loyalty for those. In general, I don't like the loyalty system. So much land is ignored by the AI Civs and I can't settled there without losing my cities. :cry: So how does warmongering even work now? Does taking the other Civ's capital impact the loyalty in their other cities? Will their empire fall apart because of that?

I might have to go to war with Nubia in that game.....but she might reconquer it again :wallbash:

I hated how Chandragupta conquered Carthage in my America game (still unfinished) and the conquered CS has "full loyalty" to India. He even spammed two cities close to my empire and still has full loyalty for those. In general, I don't like the loyalty system. So much land is ignored by the AI Civs and I can't settled there without losing my cities. :cry: So how does warmongering even work now? Does taking the other Civ's capital impact the loyalty in their other cities? Will their empire fall apart because of that?
I think the best anwser about this is not to really care, just to play as Lautaro, wreck some enemy units within your enemy's border and then just enjoy watching your neighbour's empire crumbling to pieces and slowly joining to you. That happened to me when I played as Egypt :p

I think the best anwser about this is not to really care, just to play as Lautaro, wreck some enemy units within your enemy's border and then just enjoy watching your neighbour's empire crumbling to pieces and slowly joining to you. That happened to me when I played as Egypt :p

So you lost your Egyptian empire to the Mapuche? :p

So you lost your Egyptian empire to the Mapuche? :p
They've conquered one city and I've lost another one to them because of loyalty. The fact that it was a dark age didn't help at all :p The Japanese Empire attacked me from West, too. But this was around the time I've unlocked Maryannu Chariot Archers. These things are quite powerful, and they helped me to get the Japanese army out of my Empire. I've managed to reconquer the two cities, but I've had constant problems with loyalty in one of them. I've even managed to take Mapuche capital for few turns, but I've lost it soon thanks to loyalty coming from two Mapuche cities on the other side of the capital :crazyeye:

They've conquered one city and I've lost another one to them because of loyalty. The fact that it was a dark age didn't help at all :p The Japanese Empire attacked me from West, too. But this was around the time I've unlocked Maryannu Chariot Archers. These things are quite powerful, and they helped me to get the Japanese army out of my Empire. I've managed to reconquer the two cities, but I've had constant problems with loyalty in one of them. I've even managed to take Mapuche capital for few turns, but I've lost it soon thanks to loyalty coming from two Mapuche cities on the other side of the capital :crazyeye:

Loyalty seems to be a pain in the neck for Domination players. :p I guess I'll have to experience this myself. Since I wasn't satisfied with my America game, I started a game as each of the new Civs/leaders. Nubia conquered Babylon in my Georgia game.

Move Swordsman a tile back, place Archers in the city and on the rainforest tile adjacent to the river. If he declares war, only a single Eagle Warrior can attack your Swordsman at the same time, while he gets pelted by two Archers every turn (and he even suffers a strength disadvantage because of the marsh). Your Swordsman stays on guard, healing 15 health per turn. If he does get low, you can put another unit directly behind it and then swap the units, and that new unit takes over. If he embarks, you abuse the reduced strength while embarked.

Also, shame on you for not placing that city on the diamonds or marsh to create a canal.

Also, shame on you for not placing that city on the diamonds or marsh to create a canal

Haha - I usually do but didn't really need it here. He's sealed off on a small chunk of land at the bottom of the map and have coastal cities on both sides above. I think it placed it there to get an earlier Seowan and for defense so that the city couldn't be attacked from 3 tiles but now I see that I could have put it on the diamond.

Top Bottom