Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

What was the last one you needed? I why did it take so long?
Complete online multiplayer game of the outback scenario. I don't play multiplayer, so I basically ignored it for years. But turns out that you can set up an internet game but leave all your opponents as AI and you still get the achievement.

The previous two were much more work - I needed several attempts to get a sufficiently lethal Vesuvius (if Vesuvius is mostly surrounded by mountains, it won't kill enough people, but I didn't know that until I'd poured many hours into a game), and it took me quite a few tries to get the highest rank at deity in the conquests of Alexander scenario.

I thought the city state border shape was pretty. :) Kind of nice how it worked out like that. A little bit of fog of war obscures the right side, but you can see it's a nice star shape.

So, I've been trying to get Apadana on deity. Seemed almost impossible, with other civs finishing it sometimes the same turn or even before I reached political philosophy.

But I finally made it! And then.. uuh.. this happened...

upload_2020-2-5_17-28-24.png

Last edited:
So, I've been trying to get Apadana on deity. Seemed almost impossible, with other civs finishing it sometimes the same turn or even before I reached political philosophy.

View attachment 545281

Was Qin Shi Huang in this game? :p

View attachment 545281

Sorry but... WHAT happened ? Really not enough info on this one for me... Is it that the wonder is partially hidden by the ROME city banner ?

Sorry but... WHAT happened ? Really not enough info on this one for me... Is it that the wonder is partially hidden by the ROME city banner ?

I think it's that there are a bunch of wonders in that screenshot. 15 by my count including 6 surrounding a theater square which is pretty impressive.

I think it's that there are a bunch of wonders in that screenshot. 15 by my count including 6 surrounding a theater square which is pretty impressive.

ok might be... I too was impressed by the number of wonders in the pic, but I figured that HE put them there, so no surprise ! But of course, most of them would have been built AFTER Apadana, so ;-)

I thought the city state border shape was pretty. :) Kind of nice how it worked out like that. A little bit of fog of war obscures the right side, but you can see it's a nice star shape.

It's an asterisk!

Oh, so that's where it's hiding! I thought I had lost it again! :D

No seriously though, just thought it was funny how I had such trouble building that one wonder. And then, after many failed attempts, finally getting it, couldn't stop myself from building all the others as well.

Yep, this is exactly what I had in mind when I opted for a 'Legendary' start...

Scotland is now officially "The Hermit Kingdom".
The Scottish Civilization will remain Legendary for most of the game because no one will find it until the Industrial Era.
Change the name of your capital to Shangri-La to stay in the spirit of the start.

Last edited:
Yep, this is exactly what I had in mind when I opted for a 'Legendary' start...

Well, the game never really specified what it means by "Legendary."

Scotland is now officially "The Hermit Kingdom".
The Scottish Civilization will remain Legendary for most of the game because no one will find it until the Industrial Era.
Change the name of your capital to Shangri-La to stay in the spirit of the start.

Nah. Purchase a tile on the other side of the mountains, put an encampment, build some units, conquer a city-state.

Easy Deity win.

Oh, so that's where it's hiding! I thought I had lost it again! :D

No seriously though, just thought it was funny how I had such trouble building that one wonder. And then, after many failed attempts, finally getting it, couldn't stop myself from building all the others as well.
Hilarious. :hmm:

Top Bottom