Civ VI Multiplayer on iPad

KYU73

Chieftain
Anyone has played Civ VI on 2 iPads over home Wifi please?

How many iPad players can play at the same time?

Do I need to buy a copy of the game for each iPad at $60 apiece? Ouch...

Can I just buy 1 copy and use Family Share to play the game among family members in home wifi?

Thanks...

Up to 4 people can play via LAN connection. The full version of Civilization VI needs to be unlocked on each device. Luckily, it just went on sale TODAY for 50% off to celebrate the launch of the Australia Civilization and Scenario Pack. Family share only works for the free first 60 turns but to play multiplayer, you'll need the full version.
Hope this info helps!

Family share only works for the free first 60 turns but to play multiplayer, you'll need the full version.
Hope this info helps!

Civilisation 6 on the App Store does NOT support family sharing.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201060

Quote from Apple:

“When you set up purchase sharing, the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members are immediately available to everyone else in the group. And, of course, so are new purchases. The content appears automatically in the Purchased tab in iTunes, iBooks, or the App Store for each family member. Just select the family member whose collection you’d like to browse, then download or play the content you choose.“

Every member of my family sharing group would have to individually purchase a version of the game to be able to play it. That is not purchase sharing. That is not family sharing.

I just tried Local LAN game with two iPads, and it worked for a while. But suddenly the game disconnected us from each other and put us as a host to our games. So now we have two separate games and we are unable to join the old LAN session. The other player is just replaced by a computer AI. :(

I just tried Local LAN game with two iPads, and it worked for a while. But suddenly the game disconnected us from each other and put us as a host to our games. So now we have two separate games and we are unable to join the old LAN session. The other player is just replaced by a computer AI. :(
If you haven't played anymore and you have autosave on, you might be able to load the autosave from before the separation and get your game back.

Hey, thanks so much for helping! We figured that out, but weren't still able to connect the games again. Shame.. :-/

Top Bottom