Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor

Cyber Dreyk said:
Please, tell me in detail about your current settings: which type of "Civilizations' Palettes" option are you using?
I mean:
1. Load Palette from the Game files
2. Load Palette from application resources
3. Load Palette from predefined folder
Is it happend with all these settings or only one?
And one note: palette settings is not working with leader heads, only with units animation.

Is somebody having the similar problems?

Aah, I thought that this tool automatically had civ-colours built into it. It actually displayes civ colours on my computer with civ installed, but not on the computer without civ installed. I didn't realise you had to select it from inside the program manually. Sorry.

zulu9812 said:
Aah, I thought that this tool automatically had civ-colours built into it. It actually displayes civ colours on my computer with civ installed, but not on the computer without civ installed. I didn't realise you had to select it from inside the program manually. Sorry.
Don't mention it. :)

Unfortunately, I cannot contact with Moeniir. :(
His e-mail is wrong - my letter was returned with message that it is not exist...

Somebody know, how to contact with Moeniir?
Or, maybe, somebody know how to write FLC files and ready to share with me??? ;)
Please, let me know!

I don't but this flc viewer is much better than having to load up FLICster then find the file but now I just double click on the file now that is much better.

I think moeniir has just got rid of his old e-mail because he was probably getting to many letters or the bad thing is he could have gotten into a car wreck and maybe died, but that is possible but.....hey it is one of many things why he isn't answering his e-mail.

So this program allows me to edit flc files? So I could create my own leaderheads if I wanted with this program?

So can I edit flc files and save them to my computer with this program? Lic unit animations and leaderheads... :confused:

-sorry for having the same kind of message twice :p

Cyber Dreyk said:
Unfortunately, I cannot contact with Moeniir. :(
His e-mail is wrong - my letter was returned with message that it is not exist...

Somebody know, how to contact with Moeniir?
Or, maybe, somebody know how to write FLC files and ready to share with me??? ;)
Please, let me know!
If you have not yet, you could try the other contact options in his CFC user profil.

In the Flicster thread he said, that he used the informations about standard FLC from this website and about CIV3 FLC form Firaxis. It seems an other CFC user (SWB) had it first and posted it (here?). Why not contact this SWB guy too.

Drivebymaster said:
...he could have gotten into a car wreck and maybe died, but that is possible but...
I really hope that you are mistaken and Moeniir still alive! :)

rewclaus said:
So this program allows me to edit flc files? So I could create my own leaderheads if I wanted with this program?
Now you can edit a palette but not edit FLC yet... :(
But in case I'll find how to save FLC... then maybe.
In that case will be possible to convert FLC to storyboard and/or create FLC from storyboard. Anyway you will need to use an external program to edit the storyboard...

Aluminium said:
If you have not yet, you could try the other contact options in his CFC user profil.

In the Flicster thread he said, that he used the informations about standard FLC from this website and about CIV3 FLC form Firaxis. It seems an other CFC user (SWB) had it first and posted it (here?). Why not contact this SWB guy too.
You can believe me - I have tried all possible ways to contact with Moeniir. ;)
And I looked at web to find how it's possible to save FLC. No results... :(
I have already used information from the site from you link - it's very useful, but...
Maybe Steph know how to solve my problem. I'll ask him.

I hope you don't mind if I :bump: this.

Any news on this? I really like the program as it is but it would be infinitly even more helpful if you could save a PCX as a FLC or visa versa.

Who wrote Flic2Gif? Maybe they could help you to figure out the translation of flic?

BTW, I use this program for the civ3 leaderheads so that's one of the great reasons why it's better than FLICster!

subbss said:
Any news on this? I really like the program as it is but it would be infinitly even more helpful if you could save a PCX as a FLC or visa versa.
I'm working on it right now... :)

Who wrote Flic2Gif? Maybe they could help you to figure out the translation of flic?
Good idea. Some time ago I have tried to ask him, but without result. Maybe, second attempt will be more lucky. :)

I cannot get it to work - it will preview the flics (I guess the first image in the storyboard) but when I go to open them and play it says they are an unsupported format - I'm using latest version with DLLs installed, what is the problem?

frekk said:
I cannot get it to work - it will preview the flics (I guess the first image in the storyboard) but when I go to open them and play it says they are an unsupported format - I'm using latest version with DLLs installed, what is the problem?
Simple you are trying to open non - civilization 3 FLC. :)
All units and leaderheads are opening without any problems, but in case you want to open any other FLCs' you can get a problems with it.

No, I was opening civ 3 unit flc's. I found that it will work, actually, but only for files that are in the civ3 folders. I was trying to run it from a temporary folder where I wanted to check things out and decide whether to keep them or not. So I just moved that folder to the civ3 folders, and it works now .. sort of ...

There is another problem I am having now, though. All the unit shots are kind of messed up with big vertical yellow lines, I can hardly see the unit.

Example:

That is the Enkidu Warrior default flc, not a unit mod or anything but the official unit from C3C. All of the others are the same.

frekk said:
No, I was opening civ 3 unit flc's. I found that it will work, actually, but only for files that are in the civ3 folders. I was trying to run it from a temporary folder where I wanted to check things out and decide whether to keep them or not. So I just moved that folder to the civ3 folders, and it works now .. sort of ...
Actually, you can play FLCs' without installed Civ3. File playcement has not any importance.

There is another problem I am having now, though. All the unit shots are kind of messed up with big vertical yellow lines, I can hardly see the unit.
That is the Enkidu Warrior default flc, not a unit mod or anything but the official unit from C3C. All of the others are the same.
It's very strange to me. I don't know, why Civ3Flc is not correctly working on your PC. :( On my PC everything is all right... Sorry, I don't know how to help you with this problem... :(

P.S. In case somebody have the similar problems, please let me know.

It's a mystery to me too .. FLICster works, but this looks a bit better (primarily file association seems to work, big drawback there with FLICster for me and really inconvenient) - I really wish I could get it to go right!
Running a sort of old computer with not very good video card, maybe that is it? I would think though that it is something else since Civ runs fine.

frekk said:
It's a mystery to me too .. FLICster works, but this looks a bit better (primarily file association seems to work, big drawback there with FLICster for me and really inconvenient) - I really wish I could get it to go right!
Running a sort of old computer with not very good video card, maybe that is it? I would think though that it is something else since Civ runs fine.
Well, let’s try to understand what's wrong.
Can you tell me about your PC: video card (name, how much memory it has etc), OS version, RAM?
Also which version of the DirectX you have (I guess don't less than 8). ;)
In principle, in case you can play Civ3 on your PC, it should be quite powerful for Civ3Flc too.
Most likely, the problem is in your video card. Civ3Flc uses DirectX to play animation and possible your card isn't 100% compatible with it. From other hand, Civ3 uses DirectX too... :sad:
Really, it's a mystery... :rolleyes:

Then, what version of the Civ3Flc you have installed? Maybe if you'll reinstall it will work... :confused:

:thanx: a lot for this very useful programm !! I like it and use it even for my personnal work than to have a look to the others creations of this forum !!
:clap:

Top Bottom