Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor

The backgrounds are great for testing out smoke... but... there seems to be something wrong. The transparency seems a bit over the top. I tried opening the rifleman flc, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there used to be more smoke there?

EDIT: Now I'm not so sure

The Great Apple said:
The transparency seems a bit over the top. I tried opening the rifleman flc, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there used to be more smoke there?
Possible, you are right. I don't know exactly values of smoke and shadow transparency. Therefore I have used aproximated values for them...

It seems I have a problem here...
Is my version corrupted? It just stopped working one day and would only show me things like this...

Attachments

• error.bmp
    489.6 KB · Views: 464
Mr. Will said:
It seems I have a problem here...
Is my version corrupted? It just stopped working one day and would only show me things like this...
It's seems to me you have the same problem as frekk... :(
I really don't know, what happend with your Civ3Flc. Possible, you have installed some new software and part of used DLL's in the system folder were rewrited? You can try to reinstall Civ3Flc or/and remove it from registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyber Dreyk\Civ3Flc). Maybe it will help you...

I tried reinstalling but not re-registering...
How do you get to the registry?

Mr. Will said:
I tried reinstalling but not re-registering...
How do you get to the registry?
You can make this: Click 'Start' on the left of the task bar then select 'Run...' You'll see a 'Run' dialog box. Type 'regedit' (without quotes) and press OK. Now you will see 'Registry Editor' - you can find necessary registry key and then delete it.
Note: be careful with this editor - don't delete some necessary info. ;)

Can you tell me - is Civ3Flc worked fine and in one fine day it broke?
And one more - which Windows version are you using?
I just want to understand what happened with Civ3Flc... :confused:

Correct, I was using it and it worked fine. (I really liked being able to click units and see them as opposed to finding them with FLICster.) I could even open things right out of .zip's and .rar's and it would display it perfectly. One day, it just stopped working for no apparent reason. I have re-installed it and gotten the update to no avail. I miss Civ3Flc. Anyway, I have XP. I hope we can figure it out! I'm going to mess with my registry soon.

No, it didn't work. I deleted everythin, edited the registry, reinstalled everything (even the .dlls.), but it still shows me weird pictures. Is there a specific place the .dlls have to be?

I have the same problem if I'm using 16bit colors
Try 32bit colors, it should fix it

Whaddya know, it works! Thank you GVBN!
Cyber Dreyk - You might want to tell Frekk about this.

GVBN said:
I have the same problem if I'm using 16bit colors
Try 32bit colors, it should fix it
Thank you, GVBN and Mr.Will!

When I have switched to 16 bit colors I get the same problem too.
It's very interesting... I'll try to fix it. :crazyeye:

Mr. Will said:
Is there a specific place the .dlls have to be?
All necessary DLLs are placed in the system directory (Windows/system32 for XP). You can look for their list in a log file, which should be placed in the same directory as Civ3Flc or Civ3MM (in case you have it installed on your PC). It's name InstallLog_DLL.txt

aaglo said:
Oh my goodness. This is a great program :D

Thanks a lot. (now I can wiev different units at work too :D )
Thanks a lot to you, for your wonderful units! :)

This is great! I especially like how you can change the background to the civ grassland, it helps alot with testing transparency :goodjob:

one suggestion though, could you make it work in 16bit colour? my computer doesn't like 32 bit for some reason :hmm:

Dease said:
one suggestion though, could you make it work in 16bit colour? my computer doesn't like 32 bit for some reason :hmm:
I'll try to do it, but don't sure how. Point is that now Civ3Flc using 32 bit colors for alfablending.

Last news! ;)
I have already finished export FLC to PCX/BMP storyiboard and import from storyboard to animation.
Now I almost finished saving animation data to FLC. As soon as it will be done, Civ3Flc evaluating from FLC viewer to editor like FLICster. :)
I hope it will be done in September.

Cyber Dreyk said:
Last news! ;)
I have already finished export FLC to PCX/BMP storyiboard and import from storyboard to animation.
Now I almost finished saving animation data to FLC. As soon as it will be done, Civ3Flc evaluating from FLC viewer to editor like FLICster. :)
I hope it will be done in September.

If you don't mind I'd like to make some humble requests for features in this new utility :)

the list is basically a what-I-don't-like-'bout-FLICster list in no particular order (except for # 1&2) -
1. have the x/y offsets editable right in the utility, no exporting editing and combining. and have it previewable in the viewer part (with one tile kinda highlighted)
2. remember the last folder opened :mad:
3. able to open multiple .flc's at once, or even better, open all .flcs in subfolders (only have to select the folder and they all open :) )
4. have a better system for importing the pcx files to make into a flc. For example, you could open the just the storyboard in the utility, it would automatically detect the settings (frames size, # ....) then you could do the normal things and export it (no dealing with a .fxm file anymore)
EDIT: 5. have it work in 16 bit colour

That's all I can think of right now, if I think of anymore I'll post them :)

Dease said:
If you don't mind I'd like to make some humble requests for features in this new utility :)

the list is basically a what-I-don't-like-'bout-FLICster list in no particular order (except for # 1&2) -
1. have the x/y offsets editable right in the utility, no exporting editing and combining. and have it previewable in the viewer part (with one tile kinda highlighted)
2. remember the last folder opened :mad:
3. able to open multiple .flc's at once, or even better, open all .flcs in subfolders (only have to select the folder and they all open :) )
4. have a better system for importing the pcx files to make into a flc. For example, you could open the just the storyboard in the utility, it would automatically detect the settings (frames size, # ....) then you could do the normal things and export it (no dealing with a .fxm file anymore)
EDIT: 5. have it work in 16 bit colour
A trim frame button would be nice. I hate seeing large expances of pink around my units, so maybe something which would trim the frame size so the last non transparent pixel is at each edge (while keeping centering right...)

And I agree with 1-5 as well. If I'm not mistaken Civ 3 runs in 16 but colour, and it means I can't view .flcs while playing...

Top Bottom