1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 beyond the sword multi player savegame editor

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by dan.B, Dec 19, 2007.

1. dan.B

dan.B Chieftain

Phew long winded title!

Hey everyone, I have been a lurker here for years, can't believe i've only just registered!

Long story short, I've been searching for multi player save game editors and have found a utility by Gyathaar that can do this, but as far as I can tell it supports up to Warlords expansion.

I have a game in progress that I would have loved to change so that me and the 1 other player on the map could be in a permanent state of war without any civ penalties, but we didn't think to enable this option before the game started.

I am a proficient software developer in the UK and will 'have a go' at reading/changing this file, although it seems to be binary which makes it rather more difficult than I had anticipated. If anyone knows of a tool that can do this already I would be more than grateful if they could let me know, else, if Gyathaar is reading this I would love to help you improve your tool to handle these kinds of files if you would like the help.

Hopefully I can contribute something back to these forums that have given me so much information over the years!

Ty

DanB

2. Mknn

Mknn Prince

Bump. And, me too.

Can anyone point us in a good starting direction? Anyone familiar with the SDK who can shed some light on the structure of BTS save files?

3. Bigben34

Bigben34 Warlord

Bump, Anyone please help?

4. Bratboy

Bratboy Chieftain

Yes, please help with a BTS savegame editor! PLEASE SOMEONE

5. tek1979

tek1979 Chieftain

Bumpety Bump!
    Hellooo?? anyone? please? multiplayer save game editor, or even a custom multiplayer generator/creator/editor of some sort.

6. hookmonkey

hookmonkey evolved monkey

Please does anyone know this.

Im playing a game with a friend but suddenly his civ is AI and can't be OPEN. Now he can't join because the game is full!

7. Bigben34

Bigben34 Warlord

Bump, I last bumped this 2 yrs ago, still waiting for a saved game editor for BTS. I want to use a map generator to make a map, then edit it for my friend and I to play, with starting locations randomized.
    Anyway to do this without said editor?

8. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

You can do this with a text editor in the worldbuilder files, not in the savegame.
    Look at some of the maps around with a text editor (rightclick, open with wordpad/notepad), and you'll see how random starting locations are set.

9. xcom888

xcom888 Chieftain

So, anyone know of an editor for BTS?
    Me and friends have a multiplayer game started and would like to switch to simultaneous turn.
    Any help?

10. jackehehe

jackehehe Chieftain