Civ4 stopped working properly

Powerfaker

Prince
Hi,

± a month ago I suddenly got a set of things that disturb the playabiltiy of my civ4 games.

Here's a couple of things:
- as soon as I do a mouseclick anywhere in the main menu the loading window with the loading bar appears as a picture disrupting the screen and any other screen I move to, which I cannot demonstrate because in screenshot pictures it is not there (!!).
- I cannot open Buffy mod or run ''lock modified assets''. The game will close
- A minor thing I noticed was that the 0 and 100% option of the sliders was missing. There are probably other things like that, that I haven't noticed sofar, because all of this is kind of a showstopper.

I tried uninstall -> reinstall. That didn't work.

So maybe someone here can help me identify/solve what's going on here ?? Did some external support drop out maybe ??

Hi,

± a month ago I suddenly got a set of things that disturb the playabiltiy of my civ4 games.

Here's a couple of things:
- as soon as I do a mouseclick anywhere in the main menu the loading window with the loading bar appears as a picture disrupting the screen and any other screen I move to, which I cannot demonstrate because in screenshot pictures it is not there (!!).
- I cannot open Buffy mod or run ''lock modified assets''. The game will close
- A minor thing I noticed was that the 0 and 100% option of the sliders was missing. There are probably other things like that, that I haven't noticed sofar, because all of this is kind of a showstopper.

I tried uninstall -> reinstall. That didn't work.

So maybe someone here can help me identify/solve what's going on here ?? Did some external support drop out maybe ??
Sorry, need to check this subforum more often

The first problem may be related to a known issue with compatibility mode. Try change compatibility mode to "Windows 7". Game works best with that and it should prevent the loading screen issue unless it is related to something else.

Do you run off the Steam version? Did you change to the Beta original release version? Mods simply do not work with Steam BTS unless you switch to the Beta.

Otherwise, you may have a mod incompatibility issue. Try deleting your Custom Asset folder. Just delete it if you've not in some time. You may have installed something in there that is incompatible with BUFFY. Also, may want to delete your config to generate a new one.

Top Bottom