Civ4n5 - a halfway between Civ4 and Civ5

i get the same CTD.
my ThemeParseLog:

Code:
[Feb 02, 2016 - 10:21:39] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

easy to fix error with fonts, just go to Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Resource\Themes\Civ4Civ4Theme_Common.thm , open it in any notepad, and uncomment fonts starting from the 372 line to 397.

but i cant understand how to fix Syntax error :sad:

sorry for my english.

SOunds interesting. I'm just installing it now.

One thought:

• I have always hated the fact Chariots fight melee, Horse Archers fight with bows, and Keshiks fight melee too! Historically, it was exactly the opposite, expecially for Keshiks (the most fearful horse archer army in the history)! Therefore, now Chariots fight with bows and required Archery. Horseback Riding unlock a melee Horseman. Keshiks now fight with bows and require Archery. All these changes imply corresponding changes with First Strikes.

• If you're correcting the chariot and keshik weapons, have you considered turning the keshik into a knight replacement, rather than a horsearcherman replacement? After all, the Mongols were a High Medieval civilization, not a Classical one. (Or would that affect balance too much?)

is there a way to follow your trait progression in Dynamic leaders setting so that you know what you're likely to get next or is it just random traits added, additionally does the game limit you too 2 traits still or can you feasably ( if your a jack player) get most or even all of them.

on the Subject of Dynamic leaders i do like a part of the changing leaders bit to a degree but what would make more sense to me ( could be just personal) that instead of changing the leader randomly have it more like a progression it may mean adding 2-3 more leaders to a civ and if the Ai starts going more militaristic for say england it will change to 1 of the more military styled brittish leaders and so on and so forth. but having gengis khan the leader of india when just 20 turns prior he was the leader of the mongols doesn't make too much sense if you know what i mean.
Of course all of that is personal opinion and you don't have a mod subthread for these sorts of discussions so sorry for hijacking this one to ask you about them :)

I always liked the ranged attacks of archers and the like as well in Civ 5 but as I cannot afford Civ 6 right now find me playing 4 rather than five..would this be something you might have an interest in adding to this mod by chance? Or being a mod dummy I have seen this in a fantasy mod on four already anyway to add it in?

Just so you know, it looks like the mod treats Great Prophets from Technologies differently than Great Prophet got the old fashioned way. Don't know about starting a religion, but I couldn't enhanced it with the Prophet I got from GP points. But when I used him to research theology, I got a Prophet from it, and he could enhance the religion...

BTW, any way to influence what enhancement I get? In the options there is always one possible nehancement, almost like it was tied to the specific tech you got the Prophet from.

IIRC, you may decide to wait to enhance later, when you have discovered the tech to unlock the desired enhancement.
If you enhance as soon as you have priesthood, likely you will only have unlocked "Ceremonial Burials".
Instead, you may decide to wait until Guilds, if you want "Charity missions" as enhancement.

About how you get Prophets, there's no difference on what they can do. Any prophet can enhance, assumed you can actually enhance a religion.

Okay, so... is there a list of enhancements their techs? Or is it somewhere in the game I missed? Cause I really couldn't use my second Prophet (the one I got from GP points) to enhance it even though at least the burials should be imho there...

Btw, I'm surprised by that fast answer actually :D

Hey there, I would like to implement some of your changes into my own mod, but it seems you haven't uploaded your source code? Specifically I am interested in the movement penalty for crossing rivers and zone of control.

Top Bottom