1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 performance analysis

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by tokala, Oct 1, 2010.

1. elbasto

elbasto Chieftain

Try setting it at 1.

2. PanicX

PanicX Chieftain

I guess something happened during the upload :confused: Well, I'm attaching a new save at 400+ turn. Can't remember the exact turn #. I practically won the space victory but just holding back the last spaceship part to see if I can go with a cultural victory. For some reason none of the AIs are trying to win (even in a king game!) so why not sit and wait :)

The turn to turn lag I have ranges between 40-50 seconds now.. And yeah heating is probably not an issue with water cooling :lol: Even with my air cooling the temperature stays below 136 F. I replaced all the stock coolers though..

Attached Files:

3. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

Crap, it still won't load. I even tried it on my newly installed win 7 home 32-bit machine and no luck.

Keep getting some c++ runtime error on the civ V dx11 exe file.

4. PanicX

PanicX Chieftain

Well, that's interesting. I'm sure neither of the savegames I attached were corrupt.

Hmmm I remember someone here saying that the CiV deluxe savegames were incompatible with the regular savegames. Could that be the case? I have the deluxe w/ babylon, and if I don't remember wrong babylon is actually in this game on another continent..

5. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

DLC strikes again.

I only have vanilla and something about cradle of civilization bonus. haven't looked into it yet.

thanks for trying though

6. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

come to think of it, every game I load so far of someone having success on long turns doesn't load.

maybe vanilla is broken and not the DLC versions? I'm sure adding dlc caused issue that fixed things and probably broke the vanilla version.

7. PanicX

PanicX Chieftain

Ahh DLCs.. Wonder how much they'll suck from my wallet this time :)

NP, hope you solve your issues. I'm sure vanilla savegames exist out there..

Edit: There shouldn't be any performance difference between vanilla & deluxe. I'm sure you've some sort of a driver issue. It will probably get resolved within a month or two. The HW manucfacturers are generally slow on picking up new software.

8. KopOut

KopOut Chieftain

I have a Tandy 1000 and 2400 baud modem.

All I need to know is can I run this puppy?

9. pagh80

pagh80 Chieftain

I have to agree. Im very dissapointed about the hardware requirements. This is a turn based strategy game so i dont understand why it needs to have such high requirements.
    I myself have a:
    intel e8400 CPU
    8800GT graphic card.

Once i get well into a standard sized game im forced to play in strategic view, and time between turns takes a long time.

10. CustodianV131

CustodianV131 Chieftain

Ahhh so close, if it only had been a Tandy 1000 HX you would have been golden :(

11. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

Your system is very adequate for this game once bugs are ironed out.

also, graphics have very little affect to you wait between turns. It's a CPU, not GPU. This game will run its best with a dual core at the highest speed possible.

remember, this is a fancy board game, comparable to chess, but a 100 times more complicated. think of how long a chess turn is on the highest levels, and then think a chess board is only an 8x8 board and 2 tile types with only 32 pieces and 6 unit types max on the playing field.

compare that with the hundred of tiles by hundreds of tiles with insane amount of units on the field, dozen of unit types not to mention unique units. Then there are special social policies that affect units abilities.

it's insane how complicated this game is. my only real disappointment is the lack of beta testing. an open beta a couple of months before release would have done wonders for this game instead of releasing it on the public as alpha!

all you need is to order the floppy edition and you're set!

12. WFU03

WFU03 Chieftain

Interesting. I have an almost brand new Lenovo Ideapad i7 with 8gb of RAM with all the bells and the game runs very smoothly.

Maybe my videocard is better or different? I honestly wouldn't think Lenovo would make a much better computer than Dell (or much worse).

13. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Maybe they do, but workers should be on their own thread. The worker dependencies can work fully separate of the build queues and army movements. I actually came here to see if anyone else was seeing just 50% utilization on quad-cores. It's apparent the game was optimized for dual-core only and on quad core they just sharing the load 50%. Oh well.