[CIV5] RevolutionDCM and Espionage

Seeing how the next iteration of Civ is geared much more towards combat, whereas Civ4 leaned toward City Building, I'm not surprised. However, I think espionage is fairly important. This and religion should be re-implemented, ASAP. I'm willing to offer my time this fall to help any way I can.

Seeing how the next iteration of Civ is geared much more towards combat, whereas Civ4 leaned toward City Building, I'm not surprised. However, I think espionage is fairly important. This and religion should be re-implemented, ASAP. I'm willing to offer my time this fall to help any way I can.

+1, I think religion & corporation should be added if they will not exist in a way in the upcoming game. However, It should be in a non-destructive way... ie depending on the civ & civic/social policy the diplomatic malus / economic benefits should be finely tuned to not recreate the "We share the same religion we are BFF" civ4 way !!!

Perhaps a rudimentary espionage system could be taken from GalCiv2?

E.g. Espionage is largely a budget affair (slider) that eventually gives options, but largely without spy units.

Modification: sabotage is a tile-driven affair. Your Espionage system gives you spies by some abstract mechanism, and the spies can eventually be removed from the tile that they sabotage (usually by your opponent increasing their espionage budget). To place a spy, rather than use a unit-driven system, access the target city's info screen, and place the spy on a tile in it.

Yeah I like the idea, getting away from spy units, and thinking of spying in terms of access to tiles that have espionage options. This will then not interfere with the unit AI. The issue is how to create an espionage funding scheme, that does not interfere with the CIV5 economic model.
Cheers

Yeah I like the idea, getting away from spy units, and thinking of spying in terms of access to tiles that have espionage options. This will then not interfere with the unit AI. The issue is how to create an espionage funding scheme, that does not interfere with the CIV5 economic model.
Cheers

Rather, if you're sabotaging tiles, wouldn't you want to interfere with the economic model? :). If CIV5 will have individual tiles being invested in with cash, then a saboteur there could just give an adverse coefficient to the tile that its stationed on.

And won't the Civ5 model still use a global slider bar system?

Top Bottom