Civ6 GotM Suggestion thread

to get to more details
Many details are not typically what you are after. Typically you have a good idea but want specifics around say districts or culture growth
A more detailed reporting template could help
And I struggle to get too detailed, ask me any question and I’ll answer it... however I must say @Eyswein does some fabulous write ups. I would struggle if forced to go that deep, my time is limited, like ATM I just am struggling to get near a computer.

Typically you have a good idea but want specifics around say districts or culture growth

Similarly to the other thread, I'd like to understand how the good players think and what the considerations behind the decisions they make are. Knowing just what they did doesn't help so much. But I'm just finding out that you can't launch rockets from hills... If you know most of it and are just fine-tuning I guess some specifics here and there are enough.

I'd like to understand how the good players think
I have 240 gold, do I buy a monument, wait for a granary or push for a settler buy... and moe importantly in which city.
This is a more advanced thought that is very situationally dependant.

I have 240 gold, do I buy a monument, wait for a granary or push for a settler buy... and moe importantly in which city.
This is a more advanced thought that is very situationally dependant.
Exactly. Behind the decision in each situation there are some considerations. I'd like to know what these are because I can then use them in a different situation to make my own evaluation. Whereas knowing just what was chosen without an understanding of what went behind it can't be translated to a different situation.

Exactly. Behind the decision in each situation there are some considerations. I'd like to know what these are because I can then use them in a different situation to make my own evaluation. Whereas knowing just what was chosen without an understanding of what went behind it can't be translated to a different situation.
And this is what requires individual deeper questions on a specific point.

Hi there - first of all a big, big thank you to Leif and knowtalent for setting up these games! They're great fun and I've been enjoying a lot of them, although I do not post any reports. You guys do an incredible job.

Concerning any future GOTMs - I would like to see one of the "classic" civs again. For example, Germany, Japan, or Pericles of Greece appeared only once (or twice) so far, while some other civs showed up in this arena multiple times.

I prefer to start in ancient era and on standard speed, as the start phase is the most interesting. I like the difficulty to be Emperor or higher.

Keep up the good work and the variation!

Last edited:
Welcome to CivFanatics and Game of the Month. :wavey:

Now that you've joined, warm up those fingers to report on your progress with this month's game, as classic as it gets, Rome. :mischief:

Thank you for your support. :)

Now that you've joined, warm up those fingers to report on your progress with this month's game, as classic as it gets, Rome. :mischief:

Classic, indeed :lol: , but I'm gonna play GotM 77 first (amazing starting position!).

It's Trajan's 5th time here now, while Barbarossa and Pericles have had only one game each. So, as you asked for our requests - these two are my wish for the future :worship:

I think you guys are doing a great job of mixing things up already, and cant think of any specific civ or map setting or vc that I'm missing. One thing I would like to see, though, is an occasional game with non-default settings (number of civs and city states for a given map size). I'd like to see what happens if you push the needle in either direction. :)
Several of mine have had extra CS, though none have had extreme numbers of them. I can see having more civs leading to lots of combat. Not sure if fewer civs would do much other than perhaps give more room for peaceful victory

Or how about simply making a poll for the civilization choice as was the case when GS released?
Looked at doing this. The forum software only allows 20 choices and their are over 40 between the vanilla, expansions and dlc civs/leaders. :eek:

I think I have guessed your current game/civilization selection process...
The next game will be a Japan (Hojo) game on hard difficulty, possibly science, right?

Anyway, I made a quick compilation of 6otM games played and found out that there 19 leaders that have only been played once which would allow the creation of a poll
8 played on Prince/King
3 on Emperor
8 on Immortal/Deity

Australia (John Curtin)
Brazil (Pedro II)
Cree (Poundmaker)
France (Catherine)
Georgia (Tamar)
Germany (Frederick Barbarossa)
Greece (Pericles)
India (Chandragupta)
Khmer (Jayavarman VII)
Korea (Seondeok)
Macedon (Alexander)
Mapuche (Lautaro)
Netherlands (Wilhelmina)
Nubia (Amanitore)
Persia (Cyrus)
Poland (Jadwiga)
Scotland (Robert)
Scythia (Tomyris)
Zulu (Shaka)

Attached file is a .csv file

Attachments

• 6otM.txt
    525 bytes · Views: 90
I think I have guessed your current game/civilization selection process...
The next game will be a Japan (Hojo) game on hard difficulty, possibly science, right?
That is what I'm working on now... :mischief:

Save files currently list era, difficulty, civ, and leader name, but do not list number of civs/city states, map type, and disaster level. I was think including what's not listed in the name (even if just a temp name) might help ya'll keep tract of that info when testing maps for upcoming 6otM's. Example name: SV1st8CV12CSArchDL3 which means it's Science Victory, 1st save, 8 civs, 12 city states, archipelago map, and disaster level 3.

First and foremost thanks to Leif and the other MODs for creating these games ... the maps and the situations are so well done. I find so many big-picture and little things that are so fun and interesting. Wish I was better at communicating to report out all the cool stuff and the fun I've had.

There are two ways to view the GOTM: (1) as a competition and (2) just for fun. As for "Just for Fun" it would be hard to improve the current approach. Carefully crafted maps, interesting situations, etc. Regarding competition I would envision an online setup where you played the game online ... this would completely eliminate replays but wouldn't be totally bullet proof as people could log in as different people and play through multiple times.

:love:<- thats my take on this. If I could choose without repercussions(?) I'd postpone IRL stuff to be able to play more of these. Not everything is my cup of coffee, of course, but that variation is welcome and it's not like I haven't been pleasantly suprised by games that I wasn't sure I would even start, because it seemed like a cup of tea.

Your doing great!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom