Civ6 GotM1 - Designated Victory Condition?

What should be the Designated Victory Condition for the first Civ6 GotM?

• Culture

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Domination

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Religious

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Science

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Score

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rome has to be Domination, because it's Rome!

There are so many exploits already, that if you start gotm one, you really should agree the forbidden ones first

Great to see the GotM starting for Civ 6! I have not been able to finish a Civ 6 game yet, but I do I hope I can find time to join in the fray for the fastest finish.

I voted for domination, because domination was the very essence of the Roman empire. It is not a coincidence that domination is derived from a Latin word.

By the way, no training series first?

(1) No chopping outside of your own territory
(2) No saving up of cheap techs for a snowball effect from the overflow
(3) No gifting of cities to the AI to pillage the campus
(4) ...

This is likely to be the Training Series. The real question is "will there be something else than the Training Series", Civ5 never moved past the Training Series.

(1) No chopping outside of your own territory
Why not? We could do this in Civ5. If i know i will eventually have a district there later but can't buy the tile yet why couldn't i chop it? In Civ5 i used to do it to reduce the tile acquisition cost. Here it doesn't reduce the cost but the chop value is full but i don't really see how it's more an exploit now than in Civ5 unless you consider chopping itself as an exploit (which some players apparently do)
(3) No gifting of cities to the AI to pillage the campus
:lol: people are really creative. Is it even better than simply using the campus? It's not like you can do it every turn and if you recapture the city you'll have tor repair it.

With Civ5, the training series was started under the assumption that we would be able to create a security mod and then we would change the name. Unfortunately, we were unable to create such a mod because of the way the game was designed. We did get very good at extracting data from the save that gave us pretty detailed info on how players played, so we're hoping to be able to develop that skill with Civ6. :rockon:

Civ6 is very similar to Civ5 and we do not think a mod is feasible, at least at this time. So we'll go back to the old ways and start with names, perhaps 6otM... :)

Should a mod become feasible, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

This is likely to be the Training Series. The real question is "will there be something else than the Training Series", Civ5 never moved past the Training Series.

Why not? We could do this in Civ5. If i know i will eventually have a district there later but can't buy the tile yet why couldn't i chop it? In Civ5 i used to do it to reduce the tile acquisition cost. Here it doesn't reduce the cost but the chop value is full but i don't really see how it's more an exploit now than in Civ5 unless you consider chopping itself as an exploit (which some players apparently do)

:lol: people are really creative. Is it even better than simply using the campus? It's not like you can do it every turn and if you recapture the city you'll have tor repair it.

You can chop on the AI's doorstep (or all around a City State) and get full value which gives you your Builder back and then some, while at the same time robbing the AI from any chance to develop.

Pillaging a campus can give you a full late-area tech.

Using this and other exploits, players have already won a science victory under 100 turns on Deity.

Of course you can also use your three Archers to eliminate all your neighbours in no time at all. They don't build them.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what DOES affect your score?
The world rankings has a Score tab, which can show Details.
Up until the repeatable Civics, each Civic you discover is worth 2 points.

Empire is likely based on number of tiles and population. Population has less impact--right now in my game Sumeria has 53 pop total and an Empire score of 140, while Spain has 49 pop and an Empire score of 147, both with 6 cities. It could also be counting districts. I'll try and test it a little.

Technology score is 2 per tech before Future Tech.

Religion--as far as I can tell, is 8 for founding one, and that's it.

Wonders are 10 per.

I believe you get 3 points per great person recruited.

Based on what I've seen there isn't a multiplier for difficulty or time to finish.

UPDATE: Future tech is 2 a pop, assuming the repeatable civic is as well (will check tomorrow).

Last edited:
"Pillaging a campus can give you a full late-area tech.
Using this and other exploits, players have already won a science victory under 100 turns on Deity."

How?:)
It took me 60 turn to build the Mars modules at turn 200 (in one city) :)

How?:)
It took me 60 turn to build the Mars modules at turn 200 (in one city) :)

By using GSs who provide +100% and 3000 production towards Space Race projects combined with production overflow.

So the question becomes how do you accumulate enough GS points to get 2 late games GS before T100 :crazyeye:
I'm really impressed at the creativity some player put into exploiting the game rules!

The world rankings has a Score tab, which can show Details.
Up until the repeatable Civics, each Civic you discover is worth 2 points.

Empire is likely based on number of tiles and population. Population has less impact--right now in my game Sumeria has 53 pop total and an Empire score of 140, while Spain has 49 pop and an Empire score of 147, both with 6 cities. It could also be counting districts. I'll try and test it a little.

That's what i am mostly interested in.
I find that playing while concentrating on recent "Score" rankings every few turns helps to determine where i stand. If we'd know exactly how this value is being estimated, we can react or adapt our gameplay decisions as to not fall too far behind under various conditions.
Somewhere in the LUA code mechanics, there must be a direct hint on the formula involved, i'll take a look & report here later if i can detect the exact principles.

So the question becomes how do you accumulate enough GS points to get 2 late games GS before T100 :crazyeye:
I'm really impressed at the creativity some player put into exploiting the game rules!
Fun story: you can purchase a Machine Gun Army for 6,220 and sell it the next turn for 9,330.

Top Bottom