Civ6 June Update Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that the video might not be released today. Anybody see the download in Steam yet?

Seems that the video might not be released today. Anybody see the download in Steam yet?

The video was last week, though. Today is just the Red Death Season 2 stream.

When I restarted Steam, the update was queued. It's downloading now.

I guess by "so many months" you mean "one month"? We got a patch just a month ago. We'll get another one next month.

That said, I was also expecting more. I thought that these patches would be similar to the pre-NFP patches. Oh, well. :(
By so many months I also meant the months leading up to this release without any updates which i assume is when they were supposed to be working. I will give them slack for releasing maya and gran colombia, but even then they reused leader animations.

I am not expecting an update the size of previous patches like you said, but I expected a few civilization balance changes

Not going to lie, I was expecting more than this, in terms of balance changes. There are really some very minor religious changes, and the natural wonder changes are so insignificant that there was barely point even mentioning them (especially the Cliffs of Dover - the increased appeal is fairly trivial anyway, and it won't even affect many of the surrounding tiles given that they're going to be coast).

The one thing I do like is that some of the beliefs now support 'tall' gameplay in that you will be rewarded for larger cities. Instead of just relying on pingala, all of our cities will have a small boost which is nice to see, especially for science civs like Maya that need an extra kick.

Additional general bug fixes and polish.
They could at least expand this.
The best thing about this delivery was the raw video
Not even going to bother starting another game for it.
Why do I feel ripped off, because they did not even give us a clue what they fixed.

The video was last week, though. Today is just the Red Death Season 2 stream.
There is, or was, a second hidden/private video on YouTube.

And it took three Steam restarts, but I finally got it to trigger. 80.2 mb

Oh. Gosh.... That's... It???
Not sure why you are surprised?! It's exactly what they talked about in the video. Yes, it's very underwhelming compared to other patches but I didn't expect anything else after the video.
A buff to religion is definitely a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom