Civfanatic Multiplayers look here!!!

no whatever you want.Feel free to edit it back in.It just might not be wise to post it where 10s of thousands can see it.Some that may not be nice.Better to chat abit over icq then you can exchange phone #s if you want.Better safe than sorry.

Originally posted by Smash
no whatever you want.Feel free to edit it back in.It just might not be wise to post it where 10s of thousands can see it.Some that may not be nice.Better to chat abit over icq then you can exchange phone #s if you want.Better safe than sorry.

Com'on now... 10's of thousands? :lol:

It's easy:

1. Get Civ Multiplayer Gold and Patch it!

2. Get a messenger service, preferably ICQ, and then start adding people to your contact list who play Civ 2 MP.

Any other questions post them here, there are a few of us left that play.

P.S. Air Force huh? I'm sorry! ;)

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
It's easy:
1. Get Civ Multiplayer Gold and Patch it!
2. Get a messenger service, preferably ICQ, and then start adding people to your contact list who play Civ 2 MP.
Any other questions post them here, there are a few of us left that play.

Ditto what he said... and if you have problems finding a game, you always check out:
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13&daysprune=

Many games starting all the time :goodjob:

Hi there,

I am new to multiplaying, but looking forward to it.

Would like to start with a small game, just to get the hang of it.
Do you play european time or other?

I'm available to play MP pretty much any time in the afternoon\evening (I'm in the U.S. Central time zone). My ICQ# is: 148087779. But, umm, how does one use that message system at ICQ anyway? Hope it isn't too obvious, don't want to seem a fool! Also, what are some good MP scenarios?

MGE is new to me. Someone please break my brittle old singleplayer habits. To most North Americans, I'll be up latest. Long sessions are fine. What am I saying?! They're best!

A warning about the version 2002 ICQ: it doesn't support active lists. I gather that active lists are perfect for finding multiplayer games, so please hesitate before you download this version. Don't think you can just try it, because ICQ has set things such that once you've run the v2002 installer, you can never use an older version again! Just check ICQs own technical/help forums.

Definition of a virus: an executable that spreads over the internet and drains system resourses.

Anyway, I love Civ2Multiplayer!

There used to be an activelist, but it went the way of the Dodo. I would suggest adding the people here who have posted their interest, and then when you see them, go ahead and set up a game. Or check the thread that Ming posted, and look there.

Gee... no responses in days. Is this a PBEM forum or a MP forum;)

I guess everybody is "excited" about buying Civ III MP and are giving up on Civ II :eek: ;)

I'd like to try multi playing - i've never done it. The apolyton site was dead all night i was hoping to get something going. I just remembered about this site.
Very late night PST is best for me.

# 159780002

Been away from MP for awhile, but I'll try again...

Originally posted by MrBunny
I'd like to try multi playing - i've never done it. The apolyton site was dead all night i was hoping to get something going. I just remembered about this site.
Very late night PST is best for me.

I usually look late night on saturday for a game after my family has all gone to bed. If you are going to be around tonight, check in with me. If you have ICQ, I can be found at 31787792

Agreed Ming...:(

The PBEM's have really smothered the MP games over here... I think NOBODY sees this thread anymore. Boo Hoo.

Too bad, there were some decent players (potentially) that I had been playing with.

Now everyone is more than happy to play attack-reload-attack-reload-attack-send E-Mail...;)

And I have added quite a few ICQ names, but never seem to see them online...

There is some hope... I've added a few players to my list since posting my ICQ number here... so maybe there are some MP players left here after all :goodjob:

Originally posted by Booger
Whats ICQ? And I've got tot.

First... ICQ is just another instant messenger package like AIM.
It allows you to set up a list of "buddies" that you can send messages too. It was one of the first such software packages, and many of us early MPers started using it. It makes setting up games so much easier... but the real key was that it allowed a fast and reasonably secure way to pass your IP information to fellow players without having to resort to posting your IP address on a public forum :eek:

While there are many such programs available now, ICQ seems to still have the support of the Civ II MP crowd. You can download it for free from ICQ.COM

Now, TOT doesn't let you play Civ II MP. You need to get a copy of Civ II MPE or THE GOLD EDITION. Then download the latest patch (everybody in the game must be using the latest patch or problems are too much to deal with)

Another alternative is to buy the original edition of Civ II for like $10... and somebody told me there is a hack/patch somewhere on this site that updates it to the MP version with the patch already built in.

I'm sure one of the regulars of this site can clue you in where to find it here. And for all I know, maybe something similar is available for TOT, but I'm unaware of such a thing.

Go to E-Bay to pick up a copy of Civ 2 MGE. It was only $7.99 for me.:D

And Civ 2 MGE is also great for scenarios!

Then D-Load ICQ, and add a few of us here. Then, when you catch me online, I'll send you a few contacts to get you going.:)

Top Bottom