• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civil War or Election

Civil War or Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been gone a while, but Civil war sounds cool.

Civil War will ruin the DG!

It will in no way continue it onwards! This is a DG, lets do things right.

How will it ruin the DG thecommonnate?

With the amount of people we have, it would be impossible to manage a Country the way we have been doing for Arete.

Even if we bring in more people, the people brought in will be born into chaos and Civil War. The same people could be influencing the DG for the many years to come, if they know the DG to be a great big Civil War, thats what it will remain.

I say we keep this an option for those that want to join the game, be it a coup (election) or a civil war (multiteam demogame). The vast numbers of players pouring in will help decide.

We make a GM save the game as a scenario, then alter the cities according to game balance and where players reside, then each team picks a new ruler via secret PM to GM (non-locked assets), and we play a team based pitboss from there (Epic or Marathon pace), so we get our first industrial age or modern age multiteam demogame.

Cool! The reason I would want to do Civil War is to see what that would be like.

So I take it that it would be Kassite and the Babylonian Cities against The rest of Arete? Or if is a four way then probly, Neutral, Kingdom of Arete, MAD, and Venitian Republic. I know TCN said he will have no part of the Civil war so the Aretean Republic would be out of it. And who would lead the sects? Provo for MAD, Cyc for KoA, and me for VR?

Civil War will ruin the DG!

It will in no way continue it onwards! This is a DG, lets do things right.

I agree with TCN here. Rping a Civil war would be cool but to change to a multi-team Dgame is not in the best interest of the Dgame. Start a succession game if you want to but please do not propose such a radical change in the Dgames core rules.

BTW I abstained becaue neither is in the best interest of the Dgame at the moment. We cannot afford to lose another turn of revolution for a gov't civic that is not needed and serves no purpose for gameplay.

We are at war, Lord Civius. How can you say that Police State will not help here?

It is 14 turns away. By then if the military leadership has any Civ4 war experience the situation will be contained. We have great military production and we will be defending. War in this game is far unbalanced and gives the defender a great advantage.

As far as the revolution I was talking about representation as it is the only gov't civic we can change right now.

It is 14 turns away. By then if the military leadership has any Civ4 war experience the situation will be contained. We have great military production and we will be defending. War in this game is far unbalanced and gives the defender a great advantage.

As far as the revolution I was talking about representation as it is the only gov't civic we can change right now.

I know but we should allow an interim DP to play until Police State is enabled to make the election more exciting. And besides, the war won't be over in 14 turns. The defensive war is over in 14 turns. We didn't get this far by defending though. I say we need to teach Justinian a lesson (and if we haven't already, we should wipe Lincoln off the map while we're at it). :devil:

I know but we should allow an interim DP to play until Police State is enabled to make the election more exciting. And besides, the war won't be over in 14 turns. The defensive war is over in 14 turns. We didn't get this far by defending though. I say we need to teach Justinian a lesson (and if we haven't already, we should wipe Lincoln off the map while we're at it). :devil:

I admit I haven't given the save a good look yet but how bad could Provo and Civplayah have botched the Babylonian War? I think the calculations I came up with was 8 turns using galleons or 8 turns to take the Borsippa Mari and the capital without them. I know they jumped the gun but I will go take a look and post my evaluation in Provos' War thread later tonight. I can agree on a Interum general to lead our forces during the elections so the gameplay doesn't have to stop but he should be elected by the citizenry.

I can agree on a Interum general to lead our forces during the elections so the gameplay doesn't have to stop but he should be elected by the citizenry.

I would quite like to be nominated for it, i haven't done one for a while :)

Its a popular vote thingy. And after all, Lord Civius was for a long period part of Cycles of Arete, the de facto prime faction.

I have a plan to save Cordoba or Seville. I will lay it out tonight and anyone else that wants to counter my proposal or come up with their own can. We are looking at a 12 unit drop, most likely Trebs, Knights and Macemen. 1-2 turns for bombardment depending on city and siege size. Our naval block should make them take the easy route to Seville which has a better city defense. The rest of the details will come tonight.

Top Bottom