civilization 3x has caused an error in Civilization3x.exe

redhulkz

Prince
i always got this message

'ERROR: civilization 3x has caused an error in Civilization3x.exe.
please restart ur computer'

can help

Give us some more information :)

When does it happen?, have you tried just starting a new game (not load scenario), which scenario were you trying to load?

And most importantly - did you try reinstalling the game first? Try this procedure (after you back-up anything you want to keep, including savegames, highscore file and mods)

1. Uninstall all patches (from the Add/Remove section in the Windows Control Panel)
2. Uninstall PtW
3. Uninstall Civ3
4. Delete the Civilization III directory manually
5. Install Civ3
6. Install PtW
7. Install Patch 1.14f
8. Install the scenario (unless it's already installed by one of the previous steps)

Originally posted by Isak
Give us some more information :)

When does it happen?, have you tried just starting a new game (not load scenario), which scenario were you trying to load?

And most importantly - did you try reinstalling the game first? Try this procedure (after you back-up anything you want to keep, including savegames, highscore file and mods)

1. Uninstall all patches (from the Add/Remove section in the Windows Control Panel)
2. Uninstall PtW
3. Uninstall Civ3
4. Delete the Civilization III directory manually
5. Install Civ3
6. Install PtW
7. Install Patch 1.14f
8. Install the scenario (unless it's already installed by one of the previous steps)

i got such error message when i enter the foreign advisor, F4.
i enter into talking with one of the civ, then i click on the exit from civ conversation option. at once the 'civ3x cause error in civ3x.exe' appear

when i didnt load scenario and play normal game also like these.
i didnt reinstall the game.

Q: do i have to install civ3 and PTW first before installing patch 1.29 and PTWpatch 1.14?

btw i install the civ3, then civ3patch1.29. after that, i install PTW follow by the 1.14 patch.

You don't need to install 1.29f - it's included in PtW - so just Civ3, then PtW, then patch 1.14f.

Though if you've already done it, there should be no harm from installing 1.29f - it's just not necessary, that's all :)

Let me know how it goes.

You don't need to install 1.29f - it's included in PtW - so just Civ3, then PtW, then patch 1.14f.

Though if you've already done it, there should be no harm from installing 1.29f - it's just not necessary, that's all :)

Let me know how it goes.

i restall civ, PTW and 1.14, but not 1.29f , but still same prob. haiz

I seem to have this problem whenever I finish researching Metallurgy or if I receive Metallurgy from another civ during a trade. Any solutions?

If you're playing an unmodded game, and you have already tried reinstalling the game, send it to me and I'll test and see if the same thing happens on my computer.

My email is isak@privat.dk.

I uninstalled my nVidia Detonator Drivers (v41.09) and have not experienced this problem since. It appeared to occur when moving into the Industrial Ages. But it may occur at the threshold of other Ages as well.

Ok great. I see that you have sent me the save file, so I'll still check it out when I get back, as I'm also using Detonator 41.09, so it would be an interesting experiment. (well, if you're a geek like me and loves doing stuff like that anyway :rolleyes: :D )

Ok great. I see that you have sent me the save file, so I'll still check it out when I get back, as I'm also using Detonator 41.09, so it would be an interesting experiment. (well, if you're a geek like me and loves doing stuff like that anyway :rolleyes: :D )

isak , i sending you my saved file too :)

@redhulkz: I tried reproducing the error, but didn't get any crash. I can enter talks with the civs from F4 and exit again without any crash error. :confused:

Did you already try going through the entire reinstallation sequence as above. If you havent reinstalled Civ3 yet (but only PtW) please try going through the steps above and see if it helps.

@Deevo: I didn't get a crash with Detonator 41.09, but I think I have a feeling what's causing your crash. It's probably the New Age/Era splash screen which also pops up when you discover metallurgy that for some reason can't be displayed properly (at least when you have 41.09 installed) so it could be some graphics driver problem or something connected with some of your hardware. I'll try to see if I can figure out what can go wrong when the game tries to display that image.

@redhulkz: I tried reproducing the error, but didn't get any crash. I can enter talks with the civs from F4 and exit again without any crash error. :confused:

Did you already try going through the entire reinstallation sequence as above. If you havent reinstalled Civ3 yet (but only PtW) please try going through the steps above and see if it helps.

@Deevo: I didn't get a crash with Detonator 41.09, but I think I have a feeling what's causing your crash. It's probably the New Age/Era splash screen which also pops up when you discover metallurgy that for some reason can't be displayed properly (at least when you have 41.09 installed) so it could be some graphics driver problem or something connected with some of your hardware. I'll try to see if I can figure out what can go wrong when the game tries to display that image.

i did reinstall civ 3 and ptw and 1.14.

but i didnt manual delete the civ3 directories . i just unstall and reinstall civ 3 and ptw and 1.14.

i go delete the civ directory too and restall again n see how

i finish delete directory and restall civ3, ptw. not 1.14 yet

then i play PTW again to check in F4 button. but still same error message.

i think i have to accept the flaw then..:) thanks for your help isak

is it possible thats the prob is due to flaw or sploit CD?

Top Bottom