Civilization Balance

I'm lowering Kuriotates a point or 2! I've been playing them the last couple weeks, in anticipation of them becoming a tier 1 civ and, I must say, they are rather gimpy. They must wander all over the tech tree and I generally end with hunters or rangers, assassins or centaur archers and one tier 4 unit (generally tower of divination for arches, but lame nature druids are possible if you switch aligns :rolleyes: nature druids are not worth changing aligns).

Kuriotates -2 (gimpier than expected upon extended play), Clan -1 (fire is almost impossible to start early and can be put out easily). Clan almost loses 2 points because I'm so dissapointed by the inability to use fire really. There was a time when I thought I could make hellfire for my fire-proof troops. How naive I was.

Clan are really just an aggro civ, and that's all you can really say for them. However if they can get tundra access, and tech to a few specific techs, they can really push the assault for a good long time, starting very early.

I really just wish Jonas was a better leader.

All ratings are for SP immortal.

Amurite 6 - Govannon's training is powerful but takes a while to get rolling.

Balseraph 8 - Cool UUs and buildings and most of them come pretty early

Bannor 8 - Rather one dimensional but good at what they do

Calabim 9 - strong economic traits, lethal vampires

Clan 6 - another one dimensional civ. Powerful early rush but they lose points for their lousy research. They fit the orc concept very well though and have an interesting hero and worldspell that go well with the barbarian trait.

Doviello 2 - Another rush civ but they're just a worse version of Clan in all respects.

Elohim 4 - Defender is, simply put, not worth a full trait slot. Especially not for a civ that has sanctuary and corlindale to buy time when sneak attacked.

Grigori 6 - Multiple melee heroes early is pretty devastating. Their late game is lacking since the magic revamp though. Adaptive does not switch often enough though.

Hippus 9 - Great traits. Powerful mounted units and they start with horses automatically. They can rush with the best of them and have no drawbacks.

Illians - can't play yet

Infernals - can't handle all the hellfire

Khazad 8 - slow but powerful, they don't get mages but trebuchets make up for it

Kuriotates 4 - now anyone can get a super city via City of 1000 slums wonder, they lost a lot of interest

Lanun 8 - they seem better balanced now. My only complaint is that pillaged pirate coves turn into coast and you can't rebuild them in the same spot, whch is very annoying.

Ljosalfar 8 - great builder civ, now has a world spell that protects from rushes too which lets you focus on economy for a long time. (If you want druids as Arendel, just convert to Octopus Overlords for 5 turns to switch your alignment to neutral.)

Luichirp 8 - I'd rate them higher because they can get a free engineer from turn 1, but I just don't like playing with golems much because they are slow, and if you lose Barnaxus while trying to level him up you are in trouble.

Malakim 7 - Nice traits but pretty vanilla as a civ as it lacks unique mechanics that make the other civs cool.

Mercurians - whatever

Sheaim 6 - Like the amurites, they have a powerful magic based late game, but not much to get them there. The world spell is pretty useless.

Sidar 4 - I have better things to do with my level 6 units, such as using them to kill people.

Svartalfar 8 - They have a better hero and offensive units than the Ljosalfar, but pay for it by not having the defensive world spell, and being more vulnerable to the spread of hell. Everyone loves them anyway though.

Top Bottom