Civilization Clock Mod

strstrep

Chieftain
This is a simple real-world clock for Civilization 5.

So you sat down at your computer after dinner to play just a few turns of Civilization to relax. After a little while, you get up to get a drink, notice the clock in the next room, and realize it's 3 AM.

This mod hopefully will help you keep a semblance of a link to the time progression of the real world by adding a small clock to the game's toolbar.

Attachments

• CivilizationClock.png
    CivilizationClock.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 844
  • Civilization Clock (v 1).civ5mod
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,086
Even better, a version that shows a little config window when clicked (for 12/24h format, color, size, etc) or cycles between the two versions and maybe the date, too?

Thank you for the clock, one of my much needed things. I've modified it though, so that I could use it w the luxury resources mod tweak.

Right, no overlap. That's what I've done. I've moved the clock to the center of the screen, instead of off to the side, where it can disappear from quick eye reference. Center is also a good place for it to be, since this bar is likely to accumulate many more buttons as the modding evolves. As far as posting this tweak, I've never done it, don't know how, but I'll look into it.

Another tweak you can do in the Luxury Resource mod folder :

- Close Civ5
- Go to : My documents / My games / Sid Meier's Civilization 5 / MODS / Luxury Resources
-On the TopPanel.xml file (open it with notepad), look for this line :

<Stack Anchor="R,T" Offset="300,6" Padding="10" StackGrowth="Left" ID="TopPanelInfoStackLR">

-Change the OFFSET from 300,6 to something larger, like 350,6 or 400,6 (keep the ,6). It will move the luxury menu to the left as you increase this value
-Save it, go to CIV5, load a game.

:goodjob:

Top Bottom