Civilization Death Pop Ups

Nicholzation

Chieftain
I just wanted to say how much I love the new pop ups that show up whenever you destroy one of your rivals. It's such a small touch, but it makes crushing your enemies so much more satisfying. I've become so much more bloodthirsty since they were implemented. Where before I was content to allow my enemies one or two island bases once I taken the bulk of their civilization. Now I have to have them all.

Nicholzation said:
I just wanted to say how much I love the new pop ups that show up whenever you destroy one of your rivals. It's such a small touch, but it makes crushing your enemies so much more satisfying. I've become so much more bloodthirsty since they were implemented. Where before I was content to allow my enemies one or two island bases once I taken the bulk of their civilization. Now I have to have them all.

Glad to hear it. Thats just another example of a great idea that came from the community. I was actually so so about the idea but Nikis-Knight must have liked it because he wrote all of the defeated tags and had them ready for me before I even thought about really putting it in. I couldn't let his work go to waste (and he did a good job of capturing the spirit of the leaders in them) that I had to add them after that.

I haven't seen to many of them yet (Einion, Perpentach, and Alexis, are those I remember), but they've all been very nice. Too bad there's no way to make it so that a Civ that actually caused their death gets one message while the others get another.

Yeah, new concepts are impressive, but it's the little touches that make mods special.
I've been playing FF3 recently (or FF6 for you purists), so I was half-expecting Perpentach to pull a Kefka when you defeat him (if you've played the game, you'll know what I mean). But his normal speech was good, too.

Can there be no additional effects? Like a cage of the civ's leader or something...

Deathling said:
Can there be no additional effects? Like a cage of the civ's leader or something...

I think everyone here just wants the screaming tortured sounds of conquered opponents like in SMAC. Sick people....
-Qes

Nah, I want to see my units drag the leader to the torture put, blood dripping all over the plains... you get the picture. Maybe there could be a join city kinda thing, get a Tortured One (+1 Happiness, +3 Culture, +2 Commerce).

@Deathling
HA. You horrible horrible little man.
-Qes

Deathling said:
thatd be fun, a Cassiel cage in your capital that gives some culture or such lol, and then losing the city could release them lol.. thatd be fun

Some civs wouldn't go that far, maybe the unit which killed the civ would receive some sort of promotion? Slayer of the _______ .

Chandrasekhar said:
I haven't seen to many of them yet (Einion, Perpentach, and Alexis, are those I remember) ...
You know, in case you're curious, you can always open the FfH Editor and take a look at the others... ;)

Ah, that would spoil the surprise. Granted, it's pretty rare that I kill a Civ outright (in fact, all three of those that I saw were from multiplayer anomalies), but I'm a very patient person. Maybe I'll have to start wiping out Civs for no other reason than their death popups...

I agree that these popups are a wonderful touch. I played a game of Sevomod, smooshed those silly English, and was disappointed when they didn't give me a guilt trip :)

I enjoy these pop-ups and they are great because often there are so many messages on the left part of your screen (particularly during battle) it was easy to miss when another civ was destroyed.

Would it be possible to have something similar when civs declare war on each other, or, especially, when the barbs declare war on a civ with the BAR trait - 50% rule invoked?

Thanks

Sarisin said:
I enjoy these pop-ups and they are great because often there are so many messages on the left part of your screen (particularly during battle) it was easy to miss when another civ was destroyed.

Would it be possible to have something similar when civs declare war on each other, or, especially, when the barbs declare war on a civ with the BAR trait - 50% rule invoked?

Thanks

The civilization that the barb's have declared war on get the message but no one else.

Kael said:
The civilization that the barb's have declared war on get the message but no one else.

Hmmm, that's not the case when two AI civs declare war on each other - it is announced with that trumpeting sound.

Oh well, it's OK because if you follow the scores closely, you can tell when the civ with the BAR trait has crossed the threshold.

Now about having two or more AI civs in a game with the BAR trait:religion:

Top Bottom