Resource icon

[GRAPHICS] Civilization IV Remaster 1.7.3

Hello again. I have another question. Modern lumber mills doesn't look like lumber mills to me... Are they supposed to look like that? thx
This lumbermill model/textures are part of Cultural Citystyles mod by GeoModder. You can delete the Civ IV Remaster\Assets\Art\structures\improvements\LumberMill folder to go back to vanilla look.

I have little exprience with scripting these kinds of administrative tasks. I assume that a batch script could do the job (which should work out of the box on all versions of Windows), but I'd have to look up about every command, and I'd feel anxious about deleting someone's files by accident. But it's a good thought to outsource this to ... someone. :) If I can easily help with anything, it'll probably be something in the DLL.
Me too. Also I don't like these kind of administrative tasks. I am more into visual and gameplay changes :) Maybe someone would be willing to make such installer.

ahh a known issue, np.
it doesn't bother me, is marvelous as it is.

i do hope you wiil mark the sdk changes :)
i spotted the changes you made in the gametext through the git commit.
could help in the future :)
I don't guarantee that I will mark the sdk changes but at the same time the changes are minimal:
- the gametext changes the city name to uppercase and removes the current production name from city bar, so it displays only the turns left
- I also commented every if condition with GRAPHICOPTION_CITY_DETAIL option, so you can always see detailed city info on city bar. Cause sometimes you could have 'Advanced City Info' option disabled in game settings and then the citybar won't display turns left for growth and production

All good, i can find changes either from your commits or comparing to prev version.

Did you happen to see the prev post i wrote?
About the blue background of the ui buttons.
Hm, I am not quite sure what's on your mind. The more blue color of the UI is part of the mod. I removed transparencies for clarity. But it was part of my earlier work I did about 2 years ago, so that code wasn't split into separate commits. I created the repository this month so unfortunatelly the past changes aren't that well documented. I don't remember what I did as well, so the only way is to compare current files with vanilla. Most of the UI changes was done in XML files others in theme files in /Resource folder.

sorry,
i wasn't referring to the code.
i meant this post :

thanks,
hope im not bothering or anything.

sorry,
i wasn't referring to the code.
i meant this post :

thanks,
hope im not bothering or anything.
I still don't know what you mean :D The blue background is part of the mod. It is by design.

@tomekum
Do you think you could write a tutorial on how to have these clouds with other terrain graphics too? :)

It's quite simple. All you need to do is replace all the textures that have a name ending with *detail.dds, in the "Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures" folder of the mod with the seamless texture of clouds. Unfortunately you will have to sacrifice texture details for each terrain type to make the clouds look good.

I'm wanting to have a go at modifying the citybar and I'm curious how you configured the BaseBarOutline to take on the CityPopulation colour? I thought it would be a matter of renaming the NiMaterialProperty from Bar to CityPopulation but that didn't seem to do anything, as if the property name didn't matter. I noticed in your nif the CityPopulation NiMaterialProperty has two parents, it occurs under the CityPopulation NiTriShape and the BaseBarOutline NiTriShape. Both NiTriShapes have an NiMaterialProperty with the same number or id, 33. As if they share the same node and not a copy.

In Nifskope I got as far as right click 33 NiMaterialProperty CityPopulation > Node > Attach Parent Node. But that moves it under the root. I can't seem to move it under an existing node.

why.pngEdit: Also, total shot in the dark here but does anybody know what determines how text is scaled when it's rendered from GameFont.tga? It seems text at CitySizeTextMarker is scaled up a fair bit, text at IconTextMarkerTop is scaled down _very_ slightly, and the city name at CityTextMarker is scaled down more noticeably. I've tried removing all scaling from billboards in the XML files like CIV4DetailManager to rule that out. The sizes are all different o it seems deliberate. I don't think it's derived from the nif file but I can't figure out where in the executable it would be happening. Sorry it's kind of unrelated to your mod. I'm actually losing my mind over it so I just thought I'd ask in case any of you have bumped into this.

Last edited:
any idea why when I try to play this mod, the UI is hidden? I can't play the game

hi ,

check the method you applied the mod.
something must have gone wrong.
i use this great mod as a part of my mod.
I followed the instructions and tried uninstalling civ 4 too, still doesn't work.

Also yeah In relation to it, I've also tried your mod simply because it also has this remaster mod. I can get it to work but usually crash after around 50 turns, also followed your recommendations to delete cache files and stuff :(

Ok,
So,
Please write the path of where you placed the mod folder and its content. Starting from the parent civ path.

Also:
Are you using civ complete? Steam / none stram? Which OS?
Did you install the civ4 bts patch?

As for my mod,
Well i ran hundreds of hundreds of turns.
Can you provide a save game pre crash?
For ehich doto version?

Top Bottom