Civilization V (Complete Edition) Bug

jelidycus

Chieftain
So I know this bug has happened to others but it seems like no one can find a solution other than delete a mod. The bug is the game will freeze up when it is the AI's turn and saying " processing turn " or something like that. It'll freeze up at like maybe Turn 2-10, again during processing the turns for the AI? It may be a mod issue, and I'm thinking that it isn't any of the civilization mods. Could it be Prehistoric Era? I really want to use that mod and don't want to get rid of it. Please tell me on how to fix the problem or if Prehistoric Era causes it.

(Also what's the difference between Prehistoric Era and the reborn version, I may just get the reborn version)

I believe the Prehistoric Era Reborn doesn't have as much content as Prehistoric Era itself. However, PER is much more stable from what I've seen; anytime I try to load a game with Prehistoric Era, the game crashes. So I'd recommend trying PER.

I'm currently playing my 1st game using the Prehistoric Era Reborn mod and it crashes often. I have discovered that the Giant unit seams to be the cause of the crashes. My game crashes whenever any of these units enter combat, whether my own or those moved by the AI. My tactic is to try to get rid of any barbarians near other civs and city states and wait until this unit gets promoted, if it dose.

I suspect it is because he has defined the Giant as a type of Great Person, but is also a Melee Combat-Class unit. I can't see the reasoning behind assigning the Giant Unit as a Great Person. He also has non-siege units using the City Bombard Unit AI designation, which is something Firaxis never did (also those units do not appear to have a RangedCombat value, which tends to defeat the whole assigning a UnitAI of City Bombard).

The Game's Combat animations systems are entirely based on a unit's CombatClass designation, but if the unit has conflicting info such as defining it as a Great Person via <Special>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</Special> I am not sure what really will happen -- though I suspect the instant game-crash is a signal that the game really does not like the combination. Where I've previously seen incorrect <CombatClass> designations based on the unit's other settings it has generally led to CTD as soon as the unit engages in combat.

Top Bottom