Civilization V music changer

powmod

Chieftain
Hey everybody! First of all, I hope this is the right place to post this :blush:

I made a small python script that let's you change the music that plays in the game. You can even put your own music on the respective folders that you want, and select it (because no matter how beautiful the music is, after a few hundred hours we'll all get tired of listening to the same music :p)

It isn't pretty (much due to the limited UI capabilities of Python), but it does the job (I hope).

You'll need Python 2.7.5 to use this script.

The "lite" version doesn't have a GUI, so it adds all the music it finds on each region folder, and you can't deselect the default music. This is for those that only wish to add music to the game.

This script goes very well with this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173203949

Known issues:
-The first time you run the script the musics "Fantasias A 3 No.6.ogg" and "BrightColours.ogg" will appear deselected because they appear as "Fantasias_A_3_No.6.ogg" and "BrightColors.ogg" in the .xml (seriously, Firaxis? :p). You'll have to select them yourself.

-This changes won't have effect with Polynesia because their Audio2DScripts.xml is nowhere to be found. If you do know where it is, please let me know.

-If when you run the script for the first time, it doesn't find Civ in one of the default folders, a window will appear for you to select the correct path, along with an empty window. I don't know why that is, but you can safely close the empty window.

Finally, make sure that you converted your music to .ogg or your game will crash when trying to load it!
Also, after installing Python, go to the folder where you installed it, and select "Run this program as an administrator" for both "python.exe" and "pythonw.exe", otherwise your OS won't give the script permission to write the files.

I haven't gone thoroughly trough every civ .xml, but from the ones I saw, there were no problems. Let me know if you find any problem, though.

Attachments

• Civ_V_music_changer.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,462
  • Civ_V_music_changer_lite.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 519
I actually think this is really cool! I'm going through all the OST's and Video Game Music I have right now to find music that sounds appropriate enough compared to what's already there, and I'm coming up with some good stuff that would have taken me forever to code manually into the game, so I thank you very much so for this innovation powmod. I haven't tested them out in the game itself yet, so I'll withhold saying it works, but if nothing else, the concept is great. :thumbsup:

Nice one:yumyum:

Ehy Powmod. I bring up this thread after much time and I hope you'll see this message. I used your fantastic script all these years without any problems, but recently it stopped working. I suspect it's since I got the last couple dlcs i missed (the 2 scrambled maps pack), but I cannot be sure about this.
Problem is that after i run the script, even if I don't really change any music, music in game stops after the first track. It plays the main leader music as soon as i start the game, but then it finishes and it doesn't play anymore music, i then hear only the ambience and voice effects. If I then contact any leader it plays again their leader theme, but as soon as it finishes it doesn't load another track. I even tried to force the next song via the debug panel, but even there something is locked. "Play next song" doesn't have any effect.
Any solution? I really hope you'll read this (or anybody else who can help me), cause I don't wanna go back on the repetitive main music.

Top Bottom