Civilopedia contradiction

oPunchDrunko

Prince
If you look at the civilopedia, go to Egypt and scroll down to the factoids, it says Egypt invented wine.

However, if you go to Persia and scroll to the factoids, it says that the Persians invented wine, also.

* head explodes *

Google it. They're both right.

It seems as though the Persians stumbled upon it, and the Egyptians productionized it. Though there are different opinions as well.

I was wondering that too, but then noticed this civilopedia version is missing the factoids sections.

It's possible that they're both right? Writing was invented independently several different times. Maybe the ancient inhabitants of Persia and Egypt came up with wine separately too?

Yikes! I never noticed that the factoids sections were missing. Everything is using the XML from the current version of the game but I apparently never noticed the factoid sections. I've added them to the online version. And yes, both Persia and Egypt indeed say they invented wine. I propose a drinking contest to settle once and for all who is the true inventor of wine! :)

Well, they obviously both got calendar at the same time through a Research Agreement!

The Civilopedia is biased anyways. Just look at what it says about communism. It goes on about communist states and concludes that they are fairly inefficient. A communist state is a contradiction anyways as in communism there is no state. The Civilopedia entry fails to point out what communism actually is. Really, communism shouldn't be in Civ at all. It requires completely different gameplay mechanics to accurately portray it. But that's going off topic a bit.

The Civilopedia is biased anyways. Just look at what it says about communism. It goes on about communist states and concludes that they are fairly inefficient. A communist state is a contradiction anyways as in communism there is no state. The Civilopedia entry fails to point out what communism actually is. Really, communism shouldn't be in Civ at all. It requires completely different gameplay mechanics to accurately portray it. But that's going off topic a bit.

There's a world of difference between communism theory and communism as most commonly implemented. Civ likely attempts to portray only the latter.

Top Bottom