Cliffs of Dover

Much better than coastal water tiles, even 1 food, 2 may be a bit strong for 6 culture

Yes, one food instead of two probably would be more 'balanced'. I'd agree to swap one or even both gold on them for one food. Now, in the beginning when it would be most useful, you get none of that anyway.
And what's with that gold yield on the Cliffs, why it is there? Are there any RL reasons?

Yes, one food instead of two probably would be more 'balanced'. I'd agree to swap one or even both gold on them for one food. Now, in the beginning when it would be most useful, you get none of that anyway.
And what's with that gold yield on the Cliffs, why it is there? Are there any RL reasons?

Well apart from there has been a port there a long time, not really.

Weren't they also used to watch for Napoleon's invasion fleet? Might be cool if they extended your LoS. Something like you can see 2 tiles away from a claimed Cliff of Dover tile instead of 1. Different and new mechanic anyway.

I already whined about this once but the Cliffs' historical significance is because of where they are in relation to the Continent, not because they're particularly physically impressive or significant of themselves.

If they spawn in an inlet in the heartland of your territory they're just... cliffs.

Top Bottom