1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Climate change disasters

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Emilqt, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Emilqt

Emilqt Chieftain

so i just played my first game i something felt really weird for me. the chance for disasters was reduced later in the game. At the start floods was at 35%, but at the end at disaster 4 and phase 7 it is 15%. Shouldn't this increase over time instead?

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

I believe that's just to compensate because each turn represents fewer years later in the game, and more of the map is populated so each disaster is more likely to hit something. Climate change still buffs the chances of disasters.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  3. Emilqt

Emilqt Chieftain

but its a very minor increase, at phase 7 drought had a 2 percent chance increase

4. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

I agree, climate change should be more impactful, and effects such as desertification, tundra and snow melting and deforestation should be added.

5. Hatchie

Hatchie Chieftain

I can agree the end result of unmitigated climate change should be more impactful (love the idea of tiles changing type like melting snow and desertification), but at the same time the change itself should happen slower!

I’m playing standard continents with 8 civs and relatively science focused game as England. I was able to start the climate change all by myslf with a single coal power plant, like 4 ironclads and not much deforestation...
    Can’t even imagine how the game would look if other civs kept up, we would all sunk into ocean before discovering oil!

6. kevinb70

kevinb70 Chieftain

funny thing, climate change affecting tiles is not a new feature... .it was in, way back around Civ 2-3, you could cause global warming with nukes (pollution) which would 'dry up' tiles. grassland become plains, plains to desert...