[C3C] Close Corner (archipalago multiplayer map)

Belofon

Chieftain
Four tribes have gathered on small, resourse-rich island and seek complete control over it...
Close Corner is small map for 4 players. It consists of 9 islands: 4 placed close to each other, one is above this archipilago and 4 stationed in corners of map. Archipilago islands are extreamly rich with strategic resources (with exeption of only one oil), as well as with some luxury and bonus researches. Other 5 islands contain luxury resourses which are absent on main archipilago. The main feature of this map is that players stationed close to each other, but haven't land access to start positions of other players.
Close Corner.png Close Corner 2.png
Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/close-corner.27730/

Interesting concept. :thumbsup:

I have played until the Mediveal Age as Hannibal by now on it.

But so far I have seen some points to improve:
The rescources are all terrain-wise messed both in vanila and my modded game (Oasis on Mountains, Furs on Floodplains usw. ). Have you created the map with a modified BIQ in your Civ3? If you load the map in an editor of a vanila game all misplaced resources will disapear (that should be the fastest way to fix it ;)).

The two lower corner islands are completly covered by the game interface, making player actions on them difficult at best.

The lone oil field is on one of the main player island. For better balance I would place it on an unoccupied island, so that everyone can gain it (if the game takes long enought ;) ).

Kirejara, thank you for your review!

Yes, I indeed created this map this map with modified BIQ - I've used translated and slightly changed version of Rise and Rule. However, I didn't place resources in inappropriate places (as you can see on a second picture above) nor my BIQ could allow this placing. So this is kinda strange :dunno:. Also, opening of map in vanila editor isn't the way, because editor doesn't recognise it as valid civ3 scenario.

Also, thank you very much for reporting balance and interface issues. They will be fixed in next version.

Just to avoid misunderstanding with "Vanila" I meant unmodded Civ3 Conquest. ;)
I was able to open your map with the Conquest-Editor (both unmodded and modded game).

And I just checked Rise and Rule in my scenario folder (RAR 1.02). The resources are in a different order than in the original Civ3 Conquest.
Following Uranium are in RAR Camels instead of Wines.

And since the game places the resources according to its position in the list and not according to its name, all resources following Uranium are at the wrong place.

I had once a similar effect after deleting some bonus resources (sheeps, crabs and lamas) and restoring them in reversed order, resulting in mountain crabs and see sheeps.
Please see the Thread: Trouble with resources in my mod

EDIT: This is what your maps looks like in my modded Civ3.
Please note, my additional resources are coming in the list after the original resources, so that they do not interfere with maps using the original resources. ;)

And yes, I have got some sea workers. ;)

You can also see that normaly the Jade (Whales?) is out of reach for all players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom