JAB0333

Chieftain
I have just got into modding.I had problems with my mod so I got some advice to check logs. I solved one problem with the help of logs, but now logs told me something I have no clue what it means. Can anyone help translate it?

[4311.618] column Type is not unique
[4311.618] While executing - 'insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);'
[4311.618] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') with values (COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_ICON, 0.1058, 0.1294, 0.3765, 1, ).
[4311.618] In XMLSerializer while updating table Colors from file XML/Civilization.xml.
[4311.618] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Leader.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Row, Value:

1. You actually have two errors being reported.
  2. This first error, being reported by these lines
    Code:
     [4311.618] While executing - 'insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);'
     [4311.618] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') with values (COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_ICON, 0.1058, 0.1294, 0.3765, 1, ).
     [4311.618] In XMLSerializer while updating table Colors from file XML/Civilization.xml.
    is occuring because the game already has a <Row> in table <Colors> where the 'Type' is 'COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_ICON'
    Spoiler :
    located within the Denmark DLC:
    Code:
    	<Colors>
    		<Row>
    			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_ICON</Type>
    			<Red>0.941</Red>
    			<Green>0.9059</Green>
    			<Blue>.7058</Blue>
    			<Alpha>1</Alpha>
    		</Row>
    		<Row>
    			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_BACKGROUND</Type>
    			<Red>0.4274</Red>
    			<Green>0.1686</Green>
    			<Blue>0.08235</Blue>
    			<Alpha>1</Alpha>
    		</Row>
    	</Colors>
    Note that the second-to-last of these error lines tells you the filename where the error was encountered. Repeats like this that violate the uniqueness rule will always cause the game to discard the entire contents of the file.
  3. 'Type' nearly always needs to have a unique setting to all others within the same table, and in the language tables, "Tag" must always have a unique designation to all others.
  4. The Uniqueness Rule applies to everything in the Base Game, anything in Expansions or DLC form Firaxis, and anything in any mod that loads before your mod loads into the game.
  5. The second error
    Code:
    [4311.618] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Leader.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Row, Value:
    is reporting that somewhere within file XML/Leader.xml you have a <Row> within a table where you have repeated a column-name, like this sort of thing
    Code:
    <TableSomething>
    	<Row>
    		<Type>JONES</Type>
    		<NearbyMountainRequired>true</NearbyMountainRequired>
    		<Type>SMITH</Type>
    	</Row>
    <TableSomething>
    • In the example shown, column Type appears twice within the same <Row>
    • But since the error messages you posted have no other lines for the second error it is impossible to give better advice on which table to look at within the specified file, and which column-name you repeated. Any repeated column-name within the same <Row> will cause the game to discard the contents of the entire file where the error occurs.
And I just realized you started your help-request thread in the sub-forum for completed tutorials and references. No big deal, I'll jsut ping the forum moderator to move the thread.

Code:
    is occuring because the game already has a <Row> in table <Colors> where the 'Type' is 'COLOR_PLAYER_DENMARK_ICON'
    Spoiler :
    Code:
        <Colors>
            <Row>
                <Red>0.941</Red>
                <Green>0.9059</Green>
                <Blue>.7058</Blue>
                <Alpha>1</Alpha>
            </Row>
            <Row>
                <Red>0.4274</Red>
                <Green>0.1686</Green>
                <Blue>0.08235</Blue>
                <Alpha>1</Alpha>
            </Row>
        </Colors>
    Note that the second-to-last of these error lines tells you the filename where the error was encountered. Repeats like this that violate the uniqueness rule will always cause the game to discard the entire contents of the file.
  3. 'Type' nearly always needs to have a unique setting to all others within the same table, and in the language tables, "Tag" must always have a unique designation to all others.
  4. The Uniqueness Rule applies to everything in the Base Game, anything in Expansions or DLC form Firaxis, and anything in any mod that loads before your mod loads into the game.
  5. The second error
    Code:
    is reporting that somewhere within file XML/Leader.xml you have a <Row> within a table where you have repeated a column-name, like this sort of thing
    Code:
    <TableSomething>
        <Row>
            <Type>JONES</Type>
            <Type>SMITH</Type>
        </Row>
    <TableSomething>
    • But since the error messages you posted have no other lines for the second error it is impossible to give better advice on which table to look at within the specified file, and which column-name you repeated. Any repeated column-name within the same <Row> will cause the game to discard the contents of the entire file where the error occurs.
And I just realized you started your help-request thread in the sub-forum for completed tutorials and references. No big deal, I'll jsut ping the forum moderator to move the thread.

Thank you so much. I finally got my mod to work thanks to you!! I really appreciate the help!!!

Code:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
        <Colors>
            <Row>
                <Red>0.941</Red>
                <Green>0.9059</Green>
                <Blue>.7058</Blue>
                <Alpha>1</Alpha>
            </Row>
            <Row>
                <Red>0.4274</Red>
                <Green>0.1686</Green>
                <Blue>0.08235</Blue>
                <Alpha>1</Alpha>
            </Row>
        </Colors>
  5. The second error
    Code:
    Code:
    <TableSomething>
        <Row>
            <Type>JONES</Type>
            <Type>SMITH</Type>
        </Row>
    <TableSomething>

I made great progress on my mod thanks to you but I ran into another problem. There is a problem with one of my units. I looked at it and I do not know what the problem is. Logs said:

Code:
[3697.395] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[3697.395] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[3697.395] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_TEXT, The Fulgerlyn were used by Joshua I in the 2nd and 3rd Jabero-Polynesian War. They sieged cities and won battles very quickly, eventually taking over Polynesia in a few short wars., ).
[3697.395] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file XML/JABUnits.xml.
[3697.410] columns Language, Tag are not unique

I found where it is in modbuddy but I don't really know what how to solve it. Just in case you need it, here is the text from mod buddy:

Code:
<Language_en_US>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_JABARIAN_FULGERLYN">

<Text>Fulgerlyn</Text>

</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_TEXT">

<Text>The Fulgerlyn were used by Joshua I in the 2nd and 3rd Jabero-Polynesian War. They sieged cities and won battles very quickly, eventually taking over Polynesia in a few short wars.</Text>

</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_STRATEGY">

<Text>The Fulgerlyn is one of two Jabarian Unique Units, replacing the Longswordsman. This Unit is +1 Movement [ICON_MOVES] compared to the Longswordsman and possesses the Siege promotion, allowing it to have a bonus when attacking cities. Available after researching Metal Casting instead of Steel.</Text>

</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_HELP">

<Text>Strong, front-line land Unit of the Medieval Era that specializes in attacks fast and hard. Only Jabaria may build it. Replaces the Longswordsman.</Text>

</Row>

</Language_en_US>

TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_TEXT has already been defined at least once elsewhere in your mod, in the base game, in an exapansion, or in some mod that loads into the game before your mod does. Most common mistake in thesse circumstances is that some other file within the mod also has
Code:

TXT_KEY_CIV5_JABARIA_FULGERLYN_TEXT has already been defined at least once elsewhere in your mod, in the base game, in an exapansion, or in some mod that loads into the game before your mod does. Most common mistake in thesse circumstances is that some other file within the mod also has
Code:

Thanks once again!!!

Top Bottom