• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Cold War Scenarios?

antostor

Chieftain
Hi there,

I've been reading a lot about the Cold War recently, and it inspired me to a game of civ. Regretably, I don't have my old FW with the WW79 handy, and have to settle for Test of Time. Does anybody know if any Cold War scenarios have been made or converted for Test of Time?

Regards,

With most Cold War scenarios in single player, you'll want to disable the nuclear weapons in the rules text (you can just make them 0 movement). Otherwise, the AI just uses them too liberally for it to be fun.

I am in the design stage of making my own scenario about the Cold War for ToT. It will be some time before it sees the light of day, but if this is a period that interests you, I'd be more than happy to hear your ideas in its forum here

Does anyone have the files for First Strike? The link on the Scenario League wiki seems to be broken.

Here are both the MGE and ToT version.
I haven't played the ToT version, but I think it's no doubt just as good or even better than the MGE one. There are a few extra units too, although they can't be viewed in the civiliopedia, so you'll have to refer to the rules file to see what they do. Or just guess...

Just remember to disable nukes like John Petroski said!

Attachments

• First Strike MGE.zip
    771.6 KB · Views: 205
  • First Strike TOT.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
These are great SCNs.
But is there any SCN that are more focused on non-nuke style cold war turn hot, rather than keep it cold?

I know there's the fictional scenarios Soviet Steel I & II, though they have an alternate timeline.

Thank you!

Now all I need to find is the newer graphics pack for the Yugoslav Wars MGE and i'll be set with something to play forever ;)

This?

Attachments

• Yougoslavie.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
I created a Cold War scenario for MGE some time ago that I still have, though it starts in 1979 and has just one unified, not two, NATO players. If this is of interest to anyone, please let me know.

Here it is.

I'm having trouble with the attachment manager. It doesn't seem to want to upload my .zip file. Can someone please help?

Top Bottom