1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Collosus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by GeorgeOP, Aug 20, 2006.

1. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

New Port City can build the Collosus in 16 turns. Do we want to try for it? It will give all of our water tiles +1 Commerce, which will help our economy. And if someone grabs it first, we get the gold. However, we lose the ability to build things for several turns in NPC if we try for it.

2. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

Yes, I noticed that.... if the forests and mines were worked, it might speed it up a bit also. I am hesitant to chop forests there because it has so little production, and there are still many buildings needed there.

Questions: How soon will we get Astronomy? Will it be worth it in terms of cities actually working water tiles?

Astronomy will probably be fairly soon, but I guess any financial bonus is useful. I think I would be prepared to have a shot at the collosus. However it would have to be now. I will put a contingency plan in the TC instructions incase you want to proceed, George. (I'm assuming the MoI is in controlof wonder building)

3. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Looks like its worth a shot. I think NPC losing 10-16 turns of production isnt a bad sacrafice considering the economic help it would bring, even if someone else constructs it first.

4. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

Seems reasonable. I would be in favour of chopping - I think this is the sort of building that is good for chopping. If we hold on to our forests for so long, we might be too late to use it.

5. Sweetacshon

too late? I'm not sure I understand that. If we don't build it, we just get the lump sum of gold, anyway.

The forests are needed to work for hammers, we still need observatory, university, market, etc there, and if we chop, production will be even poorer than it already is - and this is even more important now we can't whip.

6. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

We can change back to slavery any time we want.

7. Sweetacshon

True, but the cost is giving up serfdom, which is probably more of an issue now with so much work to be done. It would just seem to be throwing away future hammers that we can't hope to regain for a few more right now.

8. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I wasn't referring to the Colossus particularly. Just that I think now is a good time to use forests/whipping etc to pick up the pace. If we keep waiting the game might be effectively over with us too far behind for the forests to make any difference.

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

do we have copper? I know we traded it to Russia..we shoudl get copper so we can get the time halved.

10. dutchfire

I think I changed the copperdeal to a fish/clam/crab/other seafood deal when I was SoS.

11. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Well lets get this started we missed 8 turns already. :)

12. Sweetacshon

It was in my instructions.

13. robboo

robboo Chieftain

ok i must of missed it...I havent looked at the save or read the instructions of any one else.

14. dutchfire

Shouldn't we poll it? It's one of the "five things that must be polled", right?

15. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Well, I forgot to post the save, so there wasn't much to look at. It's up now.