Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Well, can you please present the current uniques for SA?

My note to everyone (esp. those closely involved with CL) is that we need to finalize this Civ. It doesn't need to be this hard.

South Africa
Rainbow Nation: Can build Courthouses in Non :c5occupied: Occupied Cities. Gain one Delegate in the World Congress for every Domestic Trade Route sent to a city with a Courthouse. Trade Routes with :c5citystate: City-States yield +1 :tourism: Tourism.

Fengu Gunner: Replacing the Musketmen, the Fengu Gunner fights exceptionally well in :c5citystate: City-State territory. Each enemy killed in or next to City-State Territory yields :c5influence: Influence with that City State. Can Construct Roads.

Safari Park: Alongside the benefits of the Hotel it replaces and unlocked at Biology, the Safari Park gains unique Colonial (Strategic) Resources if built on Plains, Desert or Grassland (Rhino, Lion, and Springbok respectively). Civs with access to these Resources recieve +2 :tourism: Tourism and +2 :c5gold: Gold after Flight.
So this design is based around representation of the vast amount of peoples living in South Africa, alongside things like Peacekeeping and Biodiversity. With the UA, you are not forced to build Courthouses, but you can choose to increase 'representation' by building them and then subsequently supporting them with Trade Routes. Note that if Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban don't have Courthouses and all have Domestic Trade Routes to Cape Town which does have a Courthouse - you will still receive 3 Delegates.

As you can see, this design loves it's City-States and Tourism. You can fulfil City-State request such as Trade Routes with the UA and Road Connections and Invading Barbs with the Fengu Gunner.

OK, I like this design. It's definitely unique. My notes right now:

1) I like the safari. A lot, actually. But I'm concerned that it might be better suited to Kenya, if we ever do it? I would think that it suits SA more in this case but I just want to sort of raise that flag.

2) I'm concerned about the +1 delegate per city for balance reasons, I guess. Let's play devils advocate. Max trade routes are....what, 12? So at a maximum you could get +12 extra delegates, which I think would guarantee you a diplo victory, particularly because the only way any other Civ will be getting delegates is through CSs, running for leader, and the wonder. But there would be a serious economic cost to this. And it would require a fair amount of cities, not 12 but enough for 12 routes. I guess my bigger concern is the midgame, when you'll have like 5 delegates when the WC is founded when nobody will have that for an era or two. Also you have the lost opportunity of tourism from trade routes.

In the end, I think it'll be OK, honestly. I like this design, a lot.

For E&D...well, there's a wealth of possibilities involving Mandela's acts. I think that should be one. The haters will hate.

That's a very interesting civilization design you have there. :)

With the Safari Park, though - I gather from that description that Rhino, Lion and Springbok will act as Colonial Resources if you play with the Governor's Features, and Strategic Resources otherwise?

Colonial Resources are for all intensive porpoises exactly like Strategic Resources. What separates them is that they are not required for units, but add a modifier similar to Marble's bonuses.

It's also handy to note in this design if people cry OP that Courthouses require 4GPT to maintain.

Colonial Resources are for all intensive porpoises exactly like Strategic Resources. What separates them is that they are not required for units, but add a modifier similar to Marble's bonuses.

It's also handy to note in this design if people cry OP that Courthouses require 4GPT to maintain.

OP! OPPPPP!:cry::cry::cry:
Oh, you can't establish unlimited trade routes...

OP! OPPPPP!:cry::cry::cry:
Oh, you can't establish unlimited trade routes...

Yeah, and it has an opportunity cost? If you were to max Domestic Trade Routes (which I believe is ten unless you are Venice?), you would give up a lot of gold per turn.

I really really like the design!

I think Colonialist Legacies should have a world map showing the territories controlled by the CL empire, like the other projects do. (Never mind that empires are precisely what most of the civs in this project resisted.) :D Rule of Cool demands it.

The CL empire is impressive enough as it is without resorting to cheap tactics such as making a Victoria Civ :p.

Besides, didn't Jifford do a Victoria Civ as well? =]

You have made a foolish mistake. This incident will not be forgotten.

Colonialist Legacies has stolen SQL from Moscow!

I've been thinking about it and it is actually pretty scary how closely similar the territory of CL + Patria Grande resembles Oceania:
Spoiler :

:shifty:

But the question is who of Leugi and TPangolin is Big Brother, and who is Goldstein.

Wait, if JFD is in control of Eurasia, who the heck is in control of Eastasia?

I'm imagining an early Trostky vs Stalin scenario where TPangolin thinks he's the Big Brother and Legui is Goldstein, while Leugi thinks he is Big Brother and TPangolin is Goldstein.

Wait, if JFD is in control of Eurasia, who the heck is in control of Eastasia?

I'm imagining an early Trostky vs Stalin scenario where TPangolin thinks he's the Big Brother and Legui is Goldstein, while Leugi thinks he is Big Brother and TPangolin is Goldstein.

I imagine Light in the East is Eastasia.

Top Bottom