• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I'm looking forward to the Inuits. Its nice to see a civilization that finally makes use of the otherwise useless snow tiles.

Before this thread reaches a 100 pages, lets all salute the CL team for their work and how they revolutionized civ 5 modding!

They hardly revolutionised civ 5 modding, there have been people doing what they're doing for years now. The only revolutionary thing that comes to mind is the 3D leaderhead, which credit should be given to Ekmek and Bernie for, and the audio, which was simply a matter of 'right place, right time' when Firaxis made it possible.

Sadly they do not. I will try my best to get a translation going, though. School lets out Thursday here, so after that I'll have plenty of time!

So if my parents voices are a yes, who would you like my dad to voice?

Before this thread reaches a 100 pages, lets all salute the CL team for their work and how they revolutionized civ 5 modding!

Pouakai is right, we hardly revolutionised modding - but it should be noted that this was a pretty dn huge community undertaking and none of it would have been possible without such immense support.

Here'to another hundred pages!

Blackfoot is probably the closest to release. Malaysia still needs the Cannon to be sorted out (redesigned), and I have no idea what has happened to Viregel with Afghanistan.

Inuits can't be released until Leugi returns from his venture into the unknown.

Singularitie, you still need to enable the mod.

Sadly they do not. I will try my best to get a translation going, though. School lets out Thursday here, so after that I'll have plenty of time!

So if my parents voices are a yes, who would you like my dad to voice?

Will they be speaking in English?

No, but I'm sure I can find some Dene/whatever you want my dad to speak online. In the USA school system for History, you generally have a unit about NA's, and you have to go on websites to learn about their history, culture, etc. Language is almost always a nessicity, so I'll just wind a website like that and build off of it.

They hardly revolutionised civ 5 modding...

Can't call it a revolution when every thing we did was taught to us by the masters of Civ modding (you know who you are.)

We're not even like the prodigies of modding. We're like the megalomaniac wannabe mad scientists of Civ modding.

(Actual CL conversations)
"Did it crash to desktop?"
"No"
"Damn. We need to make it more complex then."

"How many lines of code was it before you let LastSword look at it?"
"ummm.. about 1540"
"How many is it now?"
"39. Why?"

"People don't seem to like civs with 2 UBs. Can we give them a UU?"
"No, but we could try to invent a UR or a UV or a UP or UL."
"What's a UL? What does that even mean?"
"Unique Landmass. I mean, it's never been done before."

Joking aside, the only things we really have going for us is that TPangolin is really good at getting people to get together and put their awesome talents into the mods. Our "revolutionary" civs are actually just collections of community talent.

"No"

"ummm.. about 1540"
"How many is it now?"
"39. Why?"

:lmao: :lol::lol::lol:
You sir get the award for making my day :goodjob:

Can't call it a revolution when every thing we did was taught to us by the masters of Civ modding (you know who you are.)

We're not even like the prodigies of modding. We're like the megalomaniac wannabe mad scientists of Civ modding.

"No"

"ummm.. about 1540"
"How many is it now?"
"39. Why?"

Joking aside, the only things we really have going for us is that TPangolin is really good at getting people to get together and put their awesome talents into the mods. Our "revolutionary" civs are actually just collections of community talent.

These are great conversations. I'm curious though, what sort of code was it that could be condensed from 1500+ lines into less than 40?

These conversations, are, of course, not real. They are, however, somewhat true.

The code to start the Inuit on snow was originally 1500+ lines of Lua. I've been working off-and-on with LastSword to make it less ugly and more elegant. It's not 40 lines of code, but it's down to 620 and LastSword accomplished that much very, very quickly (one or two re-writes of parts of the code.)

By the time he's done, I suspect that it will be less than 100 lines.

Oops I meant another meaning. More like changed it a bit. The ones who truly revolutionized it would be modders such as ekmek, framedarchitecture and the ones who brought quality into modded civs(they know who they are). Don't forget gedemon, everyone would still be fine playing with their pirated civ 5 were it not for Ynaemp.

Oops I meant another meaning. More like changed it a bit. The ones who truly revolutionized it would be modders such as ekmek, framedarchitecture and the ones who brought quality into modded civs(they know who they are). Don't forget gedemon, everyone would still be fine playing with their pirated civ 5 were it not for Ynaemp.

I think Janboruta firmly belongs amongst those revolutionary names.

Woo! Happy centennial Colonialist Legacies! Now finish the flippin' Inuit already!

I kid, of course, but I am anxiously awaiting Leugi's return to the scene here. :p

Top Bottom