Colonies 4.2 Game #3

Porto Cabello founded in Mexico.

Pirates repulsed from San Augustin.

Holland is advised to improve the attitude of her diplomats, so that a proper peace treaty can be signed, and a fair demarcation agreed between the borders of the Spanish Netherlands, and the Seven Provinces. (Or we can do this via CivDip - what version are we standardising on, Javier?)

An expeditionary force sent to Morocco to punish the Sultan for his many outrages against Christians...;)

I'll do that, Jhon.

We're on the last BETA of version 3.0, that I hope will be RELEASE 3.0 without changes :)

In a brilliant suprise attack on our Danish neighbors Lund has fallen to the Swedish army.

A swedish colonial expidition is asumed lost as it landed in an area which was found to be populated by fierce natives.

Mr Yaroslav the Drunkam anounced today that some beavers were captured in America in order to be exchanged for beers in England.

The teetotalers Scottish king has paid 250.000 gold in exchange for protection against the AA, that is banned in England.

The AA-lover Austrian King has declared war upon England... but Yaroslav is not very worried about that country without ships ;)

Steve is next to play :)

Strasbourg falls!!

During the last 6 month, a huge French army had assembled near the city. When the order was finally given, one of the biggest armies ever assembled attacked the city. Strasbourg was not an easy target. The French army had to attck mostly uphill, causing great difficulties for the French forces.

Beside the castle itelf, the city was garrisoned by a brigade of well fortified Pikemen. The pikemen was the first to defeat a charge by French Chevaliers, causing the initial attack to be driven back. French forces responded with an impressive barrage from the Demi-Culverin's brought in. This softened the defenders a little, but hardly more than to indicate the strenght of the French army. The garrison in the Castle fought back and destroyed most of the french Demi-Culverin's and repelled repeaded attacks by French Cavalry. In the end it was the use of Royal Cannon's that brought the defenders to it's knees. The Royal Cannon only narrowly survived a spirited counter attack as the battle drew to its end.

French losses: 1 Arqebusier's, 4 Chevalier's and 2 Demi-Culverin's.

The high losses does not seem to have dampened the spirit of the French army. Reporst of a large French army have begun a siege of Avignon. There is now open war between Savoy and France. However, this does not expect to be a prolonged one.

To Spain: France kindly ask that the Spanish forces near Strasboug with draws back towards Montbeliard. The French forces that is near Zurich will withdraw very soon.

To France: Spain will happily withdraw from the hills within the radius surrounding Strasbourg, as soon as French troops are seen to withdraw from the area south on Montbeliard.

Also, the ore mines currently occupied by our Conquistadors are being worked by Spain. This must be allowed to continue if our troops are withdrawn.

The campaign against the Sultinate of Morocco is now well under way, and an attack on Dar-el-Beida is expected soon.

No other Spanish news...

A peace teatry was signed with the Habspurg Holy Roman Empire.
It's rumored that a big amount of tasteful german beer was part of the deal.

PS: John, I can't build a city with a slave and I get no message about why I can't ... Does that mean that the limit of 255 has been reached? I'd hate that, I was going to build my slave-factory... :(

Im next :)

No message?

Thats strange I have been playing these files (MP version) in two SP games now and always got the message:

"Too Many Cities!!!"

Top Bottom