Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

I'm having trouble with the Legend speed setting. No matter the other settings, Civ5 will always crash to desktop while starting the game. That includes the duel and tiny maps, so it probably isn't a RAM size issue. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a log of any sort or any other useful information about the reasons for the crash.

Tested on versions 5 and 7, cleaned out mod folder so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Considering there are some other issues mentioned in this thread with specific map settings I'm wondering if this is related.

Your other custom speeds and map sizes work just fine.

To those asking about mods with additional Civs: I'm currently playing with this mod pack and the Extra Civ mod, which adds like 20ish new ones. Works like a charm and as long as it's just Civs and no changes to game mechanics other mods should as well I guess.

I'm having trouble with the Legend speed setting. No matter the other settings, Civ5 will always crash to desktop while starting the game. That includes the duel and tiny maps, so it probably isn't a RAM size issue. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a log of any sort or any other useful information about the reasons for the crash.

Tested on versions 5 and 7, cleaned out mod folder so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Considering there are some other issues mentioned in this thread with specific map settings I'm wondering if this is related.

Your other custom speeds and map sizes work just fine.

To those asking about mods with additional Civs: I'm currently playing with this mod pack and the Extra Civ mod, which adds like 20ish new ones. Works like a charm and as long as it's just Civs and no changes to game mechanics other mods should as well I guess.
Version 8 fixes this crash :)

Game doesn't update mods automatically

That's the impression I was getting also, I wasn't sure though. So when the manual claims otherwise, it's just blatantly wrong? From Page 195:

"Automatic Mod Updates
The game will automatically check for updates to any mods you have installed which are available through the Mod Browser system. These updates will automatically be downloaded and applied if you have an active internet connection"

It certainly doesn't automatically update mods at the moment, but I guess that inclusion in the manual means that it's an intended feature we'll get at some point.

There is some flexibility in the current system though, Civ 5 allows you to manually upgrade a mod to a new version and continue a game (provided the mod versions themselves allow it) - I just upgraded version 7 to 8 of CCMAT and continued happily. It is also possible to add and remove "some types" of mod mid game, this game I have in progress was started with CCMAT 7, InfoAddict, Improved Demographics and Balance - Units. After upgrading to CCMAT v8, if I remove InfoAddict or Improved Demographics I am unable to load my game in progress (even though that precise content is now included in v8) but Balance - Units can be deleted (also included in v8 now) and the existing game will load just fine.

So some limited forms of mod detection are happening in there, perhaps it will get expanded to allow things like automatically switching enabled mods required by the saved game being loaded, and downloading and installing if required. Here's hoping...

Edit: I forgot I should say thanks jooyo, this is my fave mod compilation.

:thumbsup: Nice selection of mods.

Just a thought now that there are quite a few mods being added/changed.
Is it worth adding a symbol or something to your list in the first post to show which mod has been added to the list, and which mod has had a version update.

Thanks for your work keeping this updated :)

Just a thought now that there are quite a few mods being added/changed.
Is it worth adding a symbol or something to your list in the first post to show which mod has been added to the list, and which mod has had a version update.
Something like now? ;)

It's nice to hear that a lot of players are enjoying my modpack :) I'll try to keep it updated as long I can. Version 9 will be only a simple update of included mods, and will has compatibility with new Civ5 Patch.

works great now Jooyo have no issues starting Legend games with giga map etc.
Thanks for great mod.

Btw i thought this one had the Celtic civ in it but i cant seem to locate it on list.

I "crash" (stop loading) when i use the following setup:

Romans on Small continents, huge map and immortal setting with epic (faster production).

However it works, if I choose Epic (the standard)

Great modpack, has many of the mods I like!

Here's a tip if anyone cares...

In config.lua I have set xxx_ShowTurns = true to se the turns in top bar, but I find it quite anoying to see all these parentesis. I rather have the gramatical error of "1 turns" than haveing to see "turn(s)" all the time. To fix this I manually edit the Gameplay/XML/NewText/EN_US/CIV5NewGameText.xml and do a search and replace of "(s)" with "s".

Is there a thread for the "Upgrade All Units" mod? I don't find anything in the ModComponents forum ... oO

I think Scout -> Horseman is FAR too powerful, especially if that promotion available in goody huts! I started a game today on legendary speed and I barely researched my first tech when I saw a Japanese horseman! Later I discovered that out of the 6 opponents on my continent, 5 had at least one horseman, and that at a time where horseback-riding is still 150-200 turns away!

Hello, if I select Giant or Giantic map, the game crashes as soon as I start the game. Hav eI done something wrong?

Hello, if I select Giant or Giantic map, the game crashes as soon as I start the game. Hav eI done something wrong?

The size is probably too big for you.

And scouts upgrading to horsemen is OP.

Is there a thread for the "Upgrade All Units" mod? I don't find anything in the ModComponents forum ... oO

I think Scout -> Horseman is FAR too powerful, especially if that promotion available in goody huts! I started a game today on legendary speed and I barely researched my first tech when I saw a Japanese horseman! Later I discovered that out of the 6 opponents on my continent, 5 had at least one horseman, and that at a time where horseback-riding is still 150-200 turns away!

Horseback Riding is never THAT far away! It's like 3 techs or so in, no? And this mod only affects possible upgrades, not goody hut upgrades. So they would have to have Horseback Riding to be allowed to upgrade to Horsemen. Are you running something else that allows easy good hut upgrades to Horsemen?

But yeah, I edited that one out of the upgrade list, not that I thought it too powerful, I thought it was too big a jump from a plain scout, and I'd rather have my scouts stay scouts.

How much RAM do you have? I started crashing on every reload from within the game in the second half of the game even on a *standard* sized map, with 4GB RAM! I'll be switching back to small on my next game to hopefully avoid that.

I was wondering why in the world people would want these even bigger sizes. It's well known that the game becomes almost unplayably slow on larger maps later on because of the lag caused by the unoptimized worker unit AI. See http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94139 for evidence/discussion of this.

How much RAM do you have? I started crashing on every reload from within the game in the second half of the game even on a *standard* sized map, with 4GB RAM! I'll be switching back to small on my next game to hopefully avoid that.

I was wondering why in the world people would want these even bigger sizes. It's well known that the game becomes almost unplayably slow on larger maps later on because of the lag caused by the unoptimized worker unit AI. See http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94139 for evidence/discussion of this.

I like gigantic maps. Plus, I spend turn times doing other things unless I'm at war.

Just reinstalled Civ 5 :goodjob:

Top Bottom