Combining Better BUG AI and BAT

It looks like all of the infos are stored in vectors and all items are read from the XML. As long as all new elements are at the end of the XML files they will be read but ignored since the ones that have additional elements have #defined constants that are used as loop constraints. We'd really need to do a thorough test, but it looks promising.

One thing I still need to do is find a good alternative to using PlayerOptions for features that cause OOS issues: Governor Builds Workers, Safe Moves, and Pre-Chop. One idea is to keep them as normal options and copy their values to PlayerOptions if the player is using the MP BULL DLL. I'd rather not have a separate DLL for MP, though.

Since both the game option and the sentry move is at the end, I guess it really is safe? Still you should act with care here in the case of Global Warming's GlobalDefines stuff. In the first lines of BULL's GlobalDefinesAlt.xml it says "This file is used only when BULL is running without BUG, but it will cause no harm to include it with BUG." which is not true for the GWARM part - it will be used, and the way it's currently implemented the game will crash on xml loading if it's not there.

OOS issues: You could simply force off/off/on for those 3 in the networkmultiplayer case. But I guess that is once again to simple for you ;) and you won't rest until you find a way to grab the options from the host (or just the human with the lowest playerID) without resorting to PlayerOptions.

Top Bottom