Combining mods.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
How do I combine BUFFY, Cultural Citystyles, and K-Mod?

(If that's really complicated I'll settle for adding BUG to K-mod.)

I recently looked at K-Mods source code (not the xml or python, just the SDK) and that alone is ALOT of changes, so my best advice is to get to know WinMerge or a similar merging tool and start in one end. (Unless you have no coding experience, in which case I would say it is nearly impossible, and advice against using maybe 10+ hours to get the merge working)

I don't see any interface changes ingame. It doesn't alter graphics either. Why can't I just add BUG and Citystyles?

Afaik K-Mod includes BUG except for some minor features that karadoc considered too revealing / automating game elements that shoud be left to the player.

Cultural City Styles does not require DLL changes and is available as a module. So you should be able to just include it in your modules folder. A couple of files might be outside of the module, but they should be easy to merge using WinMerge.

Then why don't I see it ingame? It's just the vanilla interface.

(Also, where do I get Citystyles now that the site linked to here doesn't have it anymore?)

Last edited:
Most BUG options are disabled by default I think, but you should have the "BUG options" menu button to configure that.

Ethnic City Styles is included in Varietas Delectat, I suggest extracting it from there.

Most BUG options are disabled by default I think, but you should have the "BUG options" menu button to configure that.

:eek2:

I cannot believe that button isn't up there when you start playing.

Last edited:
Ethnic City Styles is included in Varietas Delectat, I suggest extracting it from there.

So once again, it appears that any kind of graphics modding is beyond me.

Here's what I did:

1. Copied Cultural Citystyles v0.99 optimized.FPK to K-Mod/Assets (I also copied the Blue Marble FPK and it worked fine).

2. Copied CIV4ArtDefinesSchema, EthnicCitystyles_CIV4ArtDefines_Building, and EthnicCitystyles_CIV4ArtDefines_Improvement to K-Mod/Assets/xml/Art.

3. Copied GlobalTypes to K-Mod/Assets/xml.

4. Copied CIV4CivilizationInfos to K-Mod/Assets/xml/Civilizations and changed the <ArtStyleType> of each civ to the ones in GlobalTypes.

It's had zero effect. Help me out?

I think you're making it too complicated already. Ethnic City Styles should be a module in VD, which already contains all the XML. The way modules work is that if a module contains an XML file, it overrides the contents for those XML tags in the base mod, so there is no need for overriding and explicit copying. So just copy Varietas Delectat/Assets/Modules/Ethnic City Styles to K-Mod/Assets/Modules/Ethnic City Styles.

You might also need to migrate Civ4PlotLSystem.xml and Civ4CityLSystem.xml which aren't part of the module, iirc.

I think you're making it too complicated already. Ethnic City Styles should be a module in VD, which already contains all the XML. The way modules work is that if a module contains an XML file, it overrides the contents for those XML tags in the base mod, so there is no need for overriding and explicit copying. So just copy Varietas Delectat/Assets/Modules/Ethnic City Styles to K-Mod/Assets/Modules/Ethnic City Styles.

You might also need to migrate Civ4PlotLSystem.xml and Civ4CityLSystem.xml which aren't part of the module, iirc.

I actually did this first (but didn't know to move those two files) so I chided myself for an idiot and changed strategy. :nope:

Anyways, it worked. Except... all the buildings haven't changed, only the auto-generated housing. How do I get that in?

I don't think most buildings have civ specific art in the mod, have you checked the palaces?

I don't think most buildings have civ specific art in the mod, have you checked the palaces?

They definitely do. The palaces are as generic as any other building.

Can you check if your Modules folder contains any CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file? It might be part of the unit arts folder in Varietas Delectat.

Problem solved. I forgot to rename EthnicCitystyles_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.

Thanks for your efforts, though.

Great to see my instructions helped you to integrate ECS.

Top Bottom