Comment on Civ3 and CTP

troytheface

Deity
The Mac version of these games are pretty much the same as the PC from what I have read. Although there is no CTP 2 for mac. CTP I thought was a great game, one main flaw was that some of the wonders put the leader way out in front. Never had any great space battles, but the sea and space cities were cool. Naval units were cool. Multi-player was slow but fun...no one on'em now...The units are definately more interesting than those on Civ 3..
Civ 3 subs don't have a ranged attack...nukes are better tho, ICBM and Tactical,.....tile improvements are better on ctp, workers are better on Civ 3
Facism was a good gov. on ctp if you were behind and the unit was a good way to counter a civ that reaches tank warfare or machine gunners first.
Civ 3 has strategic resources which is a cool idea. Spies are gone tho, and they were a key unit in ctp. Unfortunately I could win on ctp too easily and no longer play, civ 3 is harder which keeps one interested. They needed to use the units in ctp for civ 3. Ironclad is a good idea, but they are in power for a long time and in reality ironclads had a very short lifespan as oppossed to wooden ships and then battleships. Ship of the line beats out the similiar units in civ3. (Except the "privateer" which is fun because it has no nationality, you can fight without starting a war)

Originally posted by troytheface
Multi-player was slow but fun...no one on'em now...
Actually, there's still a fairly large group of people playing CtP1-MP. I think something at least 50+ PBEM players and 20+ Internet players (of course, there's some overlap between the two groups). But these numbers change all the time so you'll just have to check out the Apolyton CtP1 Multiplaying forum.

Also, the scientific victory of Call To Power II is the best one of all the Civilization related games. Not only you have to build a wonder and certain things in your cities, but also place title improvements that must cover a great part of the world. It means, the empire must be very vast, be it for millitary or expancionist tactics, but you can no longer place 10 or so good cities and win with them.

Top Bottom