Communitas Map - Do Civs normally spawn so close to each other?

ranger101

Chieftain
I've played the Communitas Map before in vanilla civ5 and with this mod. it seemed like there was greater distance between the Civs.

Now very often, a civ has room to put 1 city between any enemy, as there is not room for both civs to stick a city. I tries moving up from standard to large maps with similar results.

Has anything changed with the mod or the map? Should I increase the sea level? I like to build a bit before butting heads with another civilization, but I like the Communitas Map since it makes navies more important.

I've played the Communitas Map before in vanilla civ5 and with this mod. it seemed like there was greater distance between the Civs.

Now very often, a civ has room to put 1 city between any enemy, as there is not room for both civs to stick a city. I tries moving up from standard to large maps with similar results.

Has anything changed with the mod or the map? Should I increase the sea level? I like to build a bit before butting heads with another civilization, but I like the Communitas Map since it makes navies more important.

Nothing has changed recently. I play on standard/Atlantic and Pacific, and only occasionally feel boxed in.

If anything I feel like Communitas tends to provide more good land per Civilization than the default map scripts do.

Just like the other map scripts; RNG related.
So far my own starting locations with this map have given me plenty of distance so that I don't feel crowded.
But on the map, I'm playing, AI Rome was boxed in between AI France & AI Maya.

Top Bottom