Community 2K Brave New World Livestream 06/27/13 Recap (Shoshone! Venice! Scenarios!)

Ga1Friday

2K Community Manager
Hello Civ Fanatics!

Today Community 2K hosted another Brave New World livestream.
I was joined by the always awesome Ed Beach and Dennis Shirk. Here is an overview of what we covered:

We spoke about the in depth article that was pulished today via Polygon. You can check it out right here.

We took a look at another Firaxis title, XCOM iOS. Learn more about that right over this way.

Then we started talking about those confirmed civs: Venice and Shoshone! A screenshot from Shoshone was shown, and you can view it over on the Civ Facebook page. Both Dennis and Ed went into detail regarding the new civs.

I began playing through the Civil War scenario and floundered :lol: I was getting the hang of it by the end of the stream and really enjoyed how intuitive the gameplay was-- I was making mistakes but they were mistakes that I could learn from. After the stream Ed and Dennis talked to me more about it and noted that making the scenarios challenging is part of the fun. I can't wait to give it another go, this time with a better plan and more attention to detail :goodjob:

We took questions throughout the Civil War gameplay and talked about:

Benefits of Tourism beyond Cultural Victory
What happens when you conquer a city with a wonder connected to a specific ideology
Improvements being made to multiplayer

and of course:
What are. The changes. To existing. Civilizations?

We also spoke about the recent Kotaku article that gave an in-depth look at Sid and Civ entitled "The Father of Civilization."

I was lucky enough to run into MadJinn at E3, and we aired that interview today. MadJinn is totally awesome and was very polite even though I was exhausted from running around the E3 floor all day. He had been running around the E3 floor as well and we made it a point to catch up. Super cool guy :)

We talked a bit about other games that Dennis and Ed play, and it may come as no surprise that many Firaxis folks can be spotted playing XCOM iOS around the office. What are the consequences to that much gameplay around the office?

As we were signing off we showed a community exlusive image of Venice showcasing Trade Routes. You can get a close look over on the Civ FB page.

Of course you can view the entire thing in the videos section at Twitch.TV/2K

Please join the conversation on our Facebook page and let me know what you thought of the stream and what you would like to see more of in the future.
Thanks!
-Kate
@Ga1Friay

What happens when you conquer a city with a wonder connected to a specific ideology

oo did anybody catch this?

Same rule apply as right now, you retain/gain the passive bonus (the ones that are always active).

I.e if you capture a city with the Pyramids you gain the Improvement Speed bonus but not two free workers.

It would be silly for wonders to be destroyed because you captured it with different ideology.

Is this up on YouTube yet?

Yep. You still get the benefits (so, an Autocrat might well make a point of targeting a city containing the Kremlin); however, it was also revealed that whosoever builds the ideology-related wonders receives a free tenet.

EDIT: responding to moysturfurmer.

I also missed this (plus having the answer here would be convenient.), so I'm going to have to ask: What are the old civ changes?

It's all covered here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499234

Arabia: UA = +50% length to caravan trade routes and x2 to faith influence over trade routes
India: UB Mughal Fort = gains Tourism instead of Gold upon getting to the later eras
Polynesia is indirectly affected by the fact that hotels and airports will cause Culture producing tile improvements to produce Tourism also
France: Barely talked about!

I also missed this (plus having the answer here would be convenient.), so I'm going to have to ask: What are the old civ changes?

Arabia: Arabian Caravans; Trade Routes 50% longer range, spread more religion

India: Mughal Fort give Tourism now at Flight rather than gold.

Was Kate using her cannon as an infantry unit? :p

Arabia got a really substantial UA change.

IIRC the happiness meter has changed somewhat so that could actually be a buff for India's UA. They shoulda had some faith building or something being the founder of many religions and all.

I suspect that India will benefit from the internal food Trade Routes to help their new cities reach that magic population threshold where the UA actually helps faster than before.

I really think people are overreacting of the minor tweak that we've been told about, what did you expect? Surely it's not what we wish for, but the fact is they never stated, and although Arabia's UA seems completely overhauled, it became obselete due to BNW new mechanics.

The 'subtle' change to the Mughal Fort doesn't surprise me at all. However, I am pleasantly surprised that they added a religious aspect to Arabia's UA :)

Thanks for the recap! Loads of cool stuff on the video, I was happy that it was so long.

Top Bottom