Community Patch - How To Install

Have an odd bug: whenever I start new game on 7-10 turn I got notification that "An Unmet player entered in Information era" (!!!) Then notification com that player adopted an ideology.

And it really does! Any idea why this happens? Before I had problems with nonstop appearance of Great generals or Archaeologist.

I used Automatic installer, latest version of the mod. Almost 200 mod of new civilizations. No other mods.

Have an odd bug: whenever I start new game on 7-10 turn I got notification that "An Unmet player entered in Information era" (!!!) Then notification com that player adopted an ideology.

And it really does! Any idea why this happens? Before I had problems with nonstop appearance of Great generals or Archaeologist.

I used Automatic installer, latest version of the mod. Almost 200 mod of new civilizations. No other mods.
"200 mod of new civilizations" - there probably lies your problem.

If you encounter a problem, the first thing to try is the minimal install (it's ok to try with EUI). If bare VP works for you, then you know it's one of the 200 extra mods.

If you make VP work and need to add extra civs to the mix, I suggest using only the ones which have been adjusted to VP (there's a thread about them in the stickied MODs repository). Even if the others technically work with VP, they probably won't be balanced.

hello, i believe this mod makes espionage too op. Indeed, my spy level 3 stops enemy spies constantly. Is there a way to decrease the chance of counterintelligence? ( I just play with community patch without all vox populi stuff)

There seems to be a bug with the Community Patch when using mods that add units with the Great General Promotion. When you gain a great general it then spawns an entire army along with it that are usually incredibly overpowered. It would be great it this could be fixed as I love the mod but this feature makes it unplayable for me. Thanks :)

Hi i have Tried to get into that mod the third time and i Start to get an Imagination why that didnt work.
The descriptions are wrong.
I Tried to play it on German.
1.st time I havent done the install time with Note++
But now i did it and played and played.. Nö the sopo didnt told me wrongly that a settler will appear. Now it informs me correctly about the appearing worker... Hurray
But now i discovered, that the descriptions for the Pantheons are wrong.
God of craftsman didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the palace and mother earth didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the Monument.
It is not that there is only half od the descripion in German and the other half in English. It simple Shows me only half of the Information. Under that circumstances it if impossible to really get into that game.

Does anyone have an idea of what I did wrong?
Best regards

Hafenguy

Is Vox Populi 12-1-3 (from Automatic Installer (Recommended) link) the official version? It's old though (date 2020).

Hi i have Tried to get into that mod the third time and i Start to get an Imagination why that didnt work.
The descriptions are wrong.
I Tried to play it on German.
1.st time I havent done the install time with Note++
But now i did it and played and played.. Nö the sopo didnt told me wrongly that a settler will appear. Now it informs me correctly about the appearing worker... Hurray
But now i discovered, that the descriptions for the Pantheons are wrong.
God of craftsman didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the palace and mother earth didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the Monument.
It is not that there is only half od the descripion in German and the other half in English. It simple Shows me only half of the Information. Under that circumstances it if impossible to really get into that game.

Does anyone have an idea of what I did wrong?
Best regards

Hafenguy
You need to switch your Civ5 to English (you can do it somewhere in your Steam account).

There was a thread about a German translation somewhere (you can run a search), but I think it is very outdated, your English seems to be fine, you will be safer with an English version.

Is Vox Populi 12-1-3 (from Automatic Installer (Recommended) link) the official version? It's old though (date 2020).
The official unbalanced version. For a better experience, grab 1-15-whatever the latest hotfix is. For better support, grab the latest beta.

Can someone please help a newbie like me...

Is there a way to add only the "acceptability values to my trade offer" bit of this mod, without overhauling the mechanics of the entire game?

I've just barely got a handle on this game and I'd love to be able to tell how far my offer is to what the other party desires without constantly asking them only to be declined repeatedly.

Hello there! I have a gameplay problem. When in Industrial or Modern Era, when every civilization have met each other, some random civilizations often declare war on me and do nothing! They dont invade me and as soon as peace is available they make peace. Sometimes the game says that some Civilization brokered war against me. This pisses me off! I cant do research agreements because even my friends sometimes declare war on me, I've also had a situation where I traded a technology to my friend for like 100 GPT and on the next turn he declared war on me.
I thought that AI considers me weak, but they keep declaring war even if I'm on 1st place in the world by Soldiers.
So, is there any way to turn war brokering off? I want to disable this because it makes the game unplayable for me.

Hi newbi in installing mod here !

I wanted to improve my Civ 5 experience so i began to use EUI (that worked perfeclty). Then I hear about VP and become hyped.
Buuut after trying a lot solution on the forum, i still have the same issue :
I can't select unite or make them move + I don't see there icon. I can make a city using my keeboard but then noting happen more as i can't launch a search or produce something
Here is a screenshot if that can help

I don't have any issue playing without VP mod (and EUI is working well)

Of cours no other mods are used but VP

Thx for the help ~

Attachments

• Lack of informations.PNG
    Lack of informations.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 64
Hi,

just want to let you know that the automatic installer does not work correctly when the steam library is in a non-default location, I get errors about missing files on startup:
"Unable to load textures [DC45_DiplomacyOverview.dds]"
"Unable to load textures [DC45_AdvisorCounsel.dds]"
etc...

Seems I'm not the only one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/civvoxpopuli/comments/9w2glr/unable_to_load_texture/

Manually moving the files to the games main DLC location fixed the issue.

Also, the thread which is mentioned on the first post where issues and bugs should be posted, is locked, guess first post should be updated/clarified... :D

Thanks!

PS: So happy to see that this mod is still going strong after so many years! Kudos!!!

Hi newbi in installing mod here !

I wanted to improve my Civ 5 experience so i began to use EUI (that worked perfeclty). Then I hear about VP and become hyped.
Buuut after trying a lot solution on the forum, i still have the same issue :
I can't select unite or make them move + I don't see there icon. I can make a city using my keeboard but then noting happen more as i can't launch a search or produce something
Here is a screenshot if that can help

I don't have any issue playing without VP mod (and EUI is working well)

Of cours no other mods are used but VP

Thx for the help ~
Try deleting the stand-alone EUI and then reinstall VP (it will also install EUI, but I think it is an older version).

As the installer for version 1.0.1 is still b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ limited if the game is installed on a drive other than c: I would like to share the following workaround so that you dont have to copy files manually after each update:

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC"

Verify that the paths are correct for your system, and run this command as administrator.

This resolves issues with Vox Populi when you get errors like:

"Unable to load textures [DC45_DiplomacyOverview.dds]"
"Unable to load textures [DC45_AdvisorCounsel.dds]"

Last edited:
The installer only allows one location input, and that's used for the mods already, so EUI can only be installed into a fixed location.

Top Bottom