1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. velveteen_knight

velveteen_knight Chieftain

Have an odd bug: whenever I start new game on 7-10 turn I got notification that "An Unmet player entered in Information era" (!!!) Then notification com that player adopted an ideology.

And it really does! Any idea why this happens? Before I had problems with nonstop appearance of Great generals or Archaeologist.

I used Automatic installer, latest version of the mod. Almost 200 mod of new civilizations. No other mods.

2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

"200 mod of new civilizations" - there probably lies your problem.

If you encounter a problem, the first thing to try is the minimal install (it's ok to try with EUI). If bare VP works for you, then you know it's one of the 200 extra mods.

If you make VP work and need to add extra civs to the mix, I suggest using only the ones which have been adjusted to VP (there's a thread about them in the stickied MODs repository). Even if the others technically work with VP, they probably won't be balanced.

3. maxaug999

maxaug999 Chieftain

hello, i believe this mod makes espionage too op. Indeed, my spy level 3 stops enemy spies constantly. Is there a way to decrease the chance of counterintelligence? ( I just play with community patch without all vox populi stuff)

4. SLGray

SLGray King

maxaug999 likes this.
  5. djhalstead

djhalstead Chieftain

There seems to be a bug with the Community Patch when using mods that add units with the Great General Promotion. When you gain a great general it then spawns an entire army along with it that are usually incredibly overpowered. It would be great it this could be fixed as I love the mod but this feature makes it unplayable for me. Thanks :)

6. arievillo

arievillo Chieftain

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bug-reports-–-please-read.566461/

7. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

Hi i have Tried to get into that mod the third time and i Start to get an Imagination why that didnt work.
    The descriptions are wrong.
    I Tried to play it on German.
    1.st time I havent done the install time with Note++
    But now i did it and played and played.. Nö the sopo didnt told me wrongly that a settler will appear. Now it informs me correctly about the appearing worker... Hurray
    But now i discovered, that the descriptions for the Pantheons are wrong.
    God of craftsman didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the palace and mother earth didnt Tell me anything about the benefits from the Monument.
    It is not that there is only half od the descripion in German and the other half in English. It simple Shows me only half of the Information. Under that circumstances it if impossible to really get into that game.

Does anyone have an idea of what I did wrong?
    Best regards

Hafenguy

8. Lamkhoi

Lamkhoi Chieftain

Is Vox Populi 12-1-3 (from Automatic Installer (Recommended) link) the official version? It's old though (date 2020).

9. vyyt

vyyt Deity

You need to switch your Civ5 to English (you can do it somewhere in your Steam account).

There was a thread about a German translation somewhere (you can run a search), but I think it is very outdated, your English seems to be fine, you will be safer with an English version.

10. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

Oh thank you:)
    Never Heard that before :lol:

iammaxhailme likes this.
  11. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

The official unbalanced version. For a better experience, grab 1-15-whatever the latest hotfix is. For better support, grab the latest beta.

12. Hagvan

Hagvan Chieftain

Do you mean the January 15th, 2019 version?
    What are the major differences?

aandrzej likes this.
  13. iFlyAllTheTime

iFlyAllTheTime Chieftain

Can someone please help a newbie like me...

Is there a way to add only the "acceptability values to my trade offer" bit of this mod, without overhauling the mechanics of the entire game?

I've just barely got a handle on this game and I'd love to be able to tell how far my offer is to what the other party desires without constantly asking them only to be declined repeatedly.