1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

4/2 update uploaded.

Affects CP and CBP. Addresses all github bug reports (including spy UI issue). Should be savegame compatible. No guarantees though.

Cheers,
    G

2. MIC132

MIC132 Chieftain

I can confirm that potential now displays correctly.
    Question though, is the "Disrupting Plans" without mouseover from base game? I never noticed it, and the lack of description somehow suggests to me that's not from base game.

3. biship

biship Warlord

Took a 1 year break and so happy to see this mod (and associated mods). Thank you for creating and maintaining it, as well as compatibility with the optional mods - it really enhances gameplay.

4. Gazebo

It's the same thing as the 'monitoring city' function when you don't have the ability to steal a tech in the city.

G

5. samuraiu

samuraiu Chieftain

Hey, i have a question, i just unzipped (installed?) and enabled community patch, and community balance patch, for now i dont intend to use anything else.

In community balance patch there is this line in instructions.txt

-- INSTRUCTIONS --

To use the Community Balance Patch with CSD, C4DF, or EUI, you must use ALL THREE of these mods, and install the Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files Mod.

Once installed, DELETE the LUA folder in the Community Balance Patch.

Wht does that mean ? I have to delete LUA after i enable mods in the game? Or do i have to delete LUA if i use those 3 extra mods written above? What does happen if i dont delete LUA folder?

I always create new games by going mods, and forward, and it always configuring game, if i delete LUA folder, what would happen?

And one more things, what is written in this lua files ?

Thanks for help

6. Gazebo

If you are just using the CP and CBP by themselves you don't need to delete anything.

Lua = interface mainly.
    G

7. samuraiu

samuraiu Chieftain

Yes, for now i will use only this.

Thank you very much, for past 2 weeks i am testing different civ ai improvement mods (ai vs ai to see how they do), since default ai is "dumb".

For now i am very pleased with this, with legendary world map 2 japan defeated china, huns also out :), a lot of wars everywhere, ai doing much better, launching good assaults, not like with default, when he asks you to go to war then sends 1 unit :)

8. Zares

Zares Warlord

What compatibility files should I use to work EUI with H&P and all your other mods? There is no instruction, only an info:"NOT compatible with EUI compatibility files above."

9. Gazebo

You can't use EUI with H&P. I'd skip H&P and just use the EUI-related files.
    G

10. Gibster

Gibster Chieftain

So, this is probably a noob question but I'm new to modding and have only just created this account (in addition to downloading WinRAR for the first time) to ask this question but: Once I've downloaded it, where exactly do I extract it to? I'm using the Steam version and it doesn't appear to have a mods folder. So do I just extract the files to the game folder itself or what? I'm in the dark here and the stuff on the front page is void of any answers. I don't really want to send it to a place where it'll break the game, else I have to go through the long process of re-downloading it.

11. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

On windows extract it to %HOMEPATH%\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Copy this line to explorer address bar and press enter.

12. Gibster

Gibster Chieftain

Yeah I found it and played a little (I used the base, the balance, and the two diplomacy enhancers). Tbh I was a bit overwhelmed with the changes and they weren't exactly pleasant. My first complaint is some city state next to me would spawn barbs every other turn in some barb horde mode or something, so yeah, that was fun :( In addition, Attila was in the game and he declared war on me right away because Attila and I read somewhere that there's some sort of war weariness mechanic so while he refused to peace, I was accumulation unhappiness I think.

13. Gazebo

War weariness only starts with ideologies. Don't worry, the changes will make sense soon enough!
    G

14. Zorro 695

Zorro 695 Chieftain

First up, this is a brilliant series of Mods, Gazebo. Truly game changing!

BUT I am persistently getting this oddity:-

Horses where you wouldn't normally expect to find a horse! Seahorses? How the snap do you put a pen around these beasties?

So far, they only seem to appear around City States. Don't know if that's significant. And it's ONLY horses - I've not seen any OTHER Resource do this.

Mods in use:
    Spoiler :
    City-State Diplomacy Mod - CBP Edition (3/19) (v.26)
    Civ IV Diplomatic Features - CBP Edition (3/19) (v.10)
    Coastal Fortress (v.1) [I know this is NOT causing the 'issue' since it was doing this BEFORE I downloaded this truly interesting Mod]
    Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)(V.1)(3/24) - [Don't like the EUI]
    Community Balance Patch (v.13) (4/2)
    Community Patch (v.66) (4/2)
    Events and Decisions - Community Balance Patch Edition (3/30) (v.1)
    JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v.2)
    JFD's Cultural Diversity (Soundtrack) (v.1)
    More Luxuries (v.155)

It's not that it interferes with the Game (not that I've noticed). Everything else seems fine and works well.
    Frankly, I hope Game Developers take notice of these advances to Civilization. Except the horses in the water bit.

Attached Files:

15. Gazebo

What maptype?
    G

16. Pacoheadley

Pacoheadley Chieftain

A couple install problems, I'm not sure whether these should be posted under bugs or not, but this is my first time really installing mods so...

Everything seems to be working fine except for 2 issues I've noticed.

The first is that when I hover over a building, such as the palace or , I get a pop-up that only says "brief description", along with no picture. I get the information when I hover over units, but not when I am in the city screen, it shows the same "brief description" with no picture there.

The second issue - I received a decent amount of gold in the first several turns from ancient ruins, and I used the gold to buy a shrine. My gold went down, but I did not receive a shrine, I have no faith and it is still available to build, even after advancing a turn.

I have the Community Patch, Community Balance Patch, Civ4 Diplomacy, City-State Diplomacy Mod, Barathor's More Luxuries, EUI CPD Version, the CPD Compatibility Mod (EUI Version), Events and Decisions, Info Addict, Barbarion Immersion Enhancements, Historical Religions, and Civ Names by Policies.

When I installed everything, I cut and pasted the EUI_tooltips and EUI_utilities into the Core folder, and I deleted the LUA from the CBP folder, but not the CP folder, I didn't realize I had to when I started.

Is there anything I may have installed wrong, or any conflicts which may have caused these issues that you would know of? Thank you for any help you can give, other than these issues the mod seems awesome so far.

17. yrug1o9l

yrug1o9l Chieftain

There is a similar report.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13758604&postcount=1686

Seahorses might come from the "Cultural Diversity".

18. Zorro 695

Zorro 695 Chieftain

Gazebo:
    What maptype?
    Continents - Large. Not a Modded Map.

yrug:
    I actually played Attila in a previous Game and his horses spawned on dry land. All good. In the same game I came across a City State with two horse resources splashing about in the water!

Hard to say which mod might be causing the anomaly.

19. Pacoheadley

Pacoheadley Chieftain

I deleted the LUA and cleared my cache and I fixed an issue with production showing up as food, however buildings are still not showing up correctly in my city screen ("brief description", no pictures), and the same issue with trying to buy a shrine and not receiving one but losing the money persisted.

Edit: Met my first competing Civ... And the leader screen shows no words. just the animation of them talking.

20. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

I vaguely remember someone (Gazebo?) suggesting somewhere the above mod probably should not be compatible with CPP. Would you try without it and report back please? I will then update the list of compatible and incompatible mods, if removing the above mod helps:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542679