Community Patch - How To Install

Okay, so I followed the "How To Install" instructions to the letter. I cleared the cache before starting the game. I'm attempting to use only the Community Patch and CBP.

But when I'm at the Mods screen, I get a message that says: "This version of the game is not compatible with this mod."

Is that because I'm using a Mac? Or is there some other explanation?

Is the Community Patch compatible with JFD's Cultural Diversity? I have troubles running them together, even though I didn't find any *.dll files in the mod.

[EDIT]
Ok, so I turned it off and loaded, still the same problem with unaligned UI elements and inability to choose production in the city. What I introduced was the City State Diplomacy mod, so it may be causing problems.

But after I turned it off and turned cultural diversity back on, the game won't even load the mods - just CTD while "configuring the game data".

Is the Community Patch compatible with JFD's Cultural Diversity? I have troubles running them together.

Seems to be fine. What's your trouble, exactly?

CulDiv doesn't use a DLL, so there'll be no trouble there.

I tried loading CP, CBP, CulDiv and soundtrack for it, no other mods. I get a crash to desktop when the game configures the mods, no error message though (unless it disappears immediately).

Crash still occured when I disabled the soundtrack and CBP, so something is wrong between CP and CulDiv. Or with my computer/Civ 5 install.

City State Diplomacy, on the other hand, causes the UI portions to be misaligned, I don't get mouseover info about tiles and I cannot choose production in a city (haven't tried using just CBP and CSD).

City State Diplomacy, on the other hand, causes the UI portions to be misaligned, I don't get mouseover info about tiles and I cannot choose production in a city (haven't tried using just CBP and CSD).
Be aware of the fact that CSD, CBP, CP and Civ IV Diplomacy are not compatible with EUI at the moment, unless Stackpointer made a corresponding adjustment. See here

If you are using EUI this could also be explain why your game is crashing.

I don't use EUI. CBP without CulDiv and CSD works fine. I didn't load any other mods.

I did play with it loaded yesterday, using also Events and Decisions, Civ 4 Leader Traits and some other mods (some of your civs, dynamic top panel, Whoward's pick'n'mixes). I'll try with just CulDiv in a minute.

[EDIT] By itself it loads without problems. Checked just CulDiv and CulDiv+soundtrack.

What's interesting is that when I load CSD, CulDiv, CBP and E&D there is no crash, but still there are the CSD problems, visible on the screen:
I didn't try running the CSD by itself yet. I have the compatibility files for CSD in CBP folder and I didn't move the files from "inactive" folder.
Spoiler :

A pity. This start is amazing.

Tooltip with yield, tile type and improvement doesn't show when I mouseover, no buildings are visible in the city and I cannot choose production in the city.

Loaded just CSD. The city bar looked normal, but still no buildings and I was not able to choose production, I'll redownload the CSD mod. But no idea what's wrong with CulDiv, as by itself it loads just fine.

Hm, very odd. I'm not sure either. As a side note, the Dynamic Top Panel isn't compatible with the community patch. This is something I'll have to sort for P&P support, when the time comes.

Gazebo, juste to know, do you plan a deeper integration of the "more luxuries" mod ? I personnaly like the added flavor, but I wonder if the CPP team agrees.

66.3.2 uploaded.

Gazebo, juste to know, do you plan a deeper integration of the "more luxuries" mod ? I personnaly like the added flavor, but I wonder if the CPP team agrees.

It works fairly well currently. If you have ideas, make a new thread for them (this isn't exactly the ideal place for feature discussions.
G

Top Bottom