Compatible Mods List

Really Advanced Setup, it turns out, is not compatible. The other two seem to work fine. I've also tested:

Building Upgrade System (this should be included in the mod directly IMHO since it assures you always have something to build, which is a balance issue)
Several of WHowards mods - most seem to work, but UI - Improved City Banner fails as of this last release.
Several of Pauakai's Wonders which all seem to work so far.

On the other hand, Health and Plague doesn't work for me - make a mess of the UI. And Event and Decisions will eventually CTD even with just the base install, so I can't use it at all :(

Really Advanced Setup, it turns out, is not compatible. The other two seem to work fine. I've also tested:

Building Upgrade System (this should be included in the mod directly IMHO since it assures you always have something to build, which is a balance issue)
Several of WHowards mods - most seem to work, but UI - Improved City Banner fails as of this last release.
Several of Pauakai's Wonders which all seem to work so far.

On the other hand, Health and Plague doesn't work for me - make a mess of the UI. And Event and Decisions will eventually CTD even with just the base install, so I can't use it at all :(

to clarify, why is RAS not compatible? Crash?

The Building Upgrade System would be a nightmare to balance – an interesting idea, but too many dramatic changes there.

Health and Plague ONLY works if you aren't using EUI – that's in the instructions.

E&D crashes with the CP, or also the CBP? Are you using the custom E&D I've provided?

G

RAS is not compatible because it corrupts the game, losing it's settings between sessions, in general doesn't get along, but doesn't CTD.

I personally find the BUS already pretty balanced but your millage may vary. I use and like it because it takes case of the problem I always seem to run into where I am just buying and deleting units. However, because you make universal choices like 'arts' available so soon you've kind of solved the problem from a different angle.

Damn, I didn't RTFM. :) I will try H&P without EUI then.

E&D crashes to desktop at some point in the game when using a full standard install (the one you used to provide as a mega all in one install). It also still crashes with the new version when I manually do the installs. I wouldn't worry if it's not a problem others are seeing. My computer can be finicky.

The Building Upgrade System would be a nightmare to balance – an interesting idea, but too many dramatic changes there.

Would rather see more buildings added if that is the case. Upgrades seems both lazy and boring.

Also if you're constantly running out of things to build that either means you're teching too slowly, focusing too much on production or have such a nice infrastructure that you should probably go for wonders or attack someone. Just my thoughts on it.

E&D have a lot of broken events, for example anything that's supposed to spawn units (for either your side or barbs) won't trigger, it just takes your money and does nothing. But on a whole the mod have never crashed me.

Also if you're constantly running out of things to build that either means you're teching too slowly, focusing too much on production or have such a nice infrastructure that you should probably go for wonders or attack someone. Just my thoughts on it.
Why do we always have to fight someone? :) I like my non violent victories. I play a lot of OCC science and culture, and occassional diplo victory. I can get my production and science both up very high. Yes, I could use it to crank out a war machine, but that's not the style I want to play at least lately. :)

Why do we always have to fight someone? :) I like my non violent victories. I play a lot of OCC science and culture, and occassional diplo victory. I can get my production and science both up very high. Yes, I could use it to crank out a war machine, but that's not the style I want to play at least lately. :)

OCC is a completely different thing :D But in that case just build wonders.

I like playing peaceful aswell, but if you have the opportunity to murder your neighbor and steal his land you should totally go for it :D

RAS is not working. When I want to customize a new game I get a blank menu.

What I tested and working (other than the recommended and already mentioned mods):
City Limits
Civ Names by Policies
Cultural Diffusion
Culturally Linked Start Locations
Emigration
Extra Victory Conditions
Fortress Borders
Global Warming
Great Prophet Historical Names
Improvements in water title (however it can be OP)
InfoAddict
Ingame Editor
Music Changer
No XP Cap from Barbarians
Quick Turn
R.E.D. Modpack / R.E.D. Extreme (however I think the crossbowman unit use a wrong unit model)
Workable mountains.

RAS is not working. When I want to customize a new game I get a blank menu.

What I tested and working (other than the recommended and already mentioned mods):
City Limits
Civ Names by Policies
Cultural Diffusion
Culturally Linked Start Locations
Emigration
Extra Victory Conditions
Fortress Borders
Global Warming
Great Prophet Historical Names
Improvements in water title (however it can be OP)
InfoAddict
Ingame Editor
Music Changer
No XP Cap from Barbarians
Quick Turn
R.E.D. Modpack / R.E.D. Extreme (however I think the crossbowman unit use a wrong unit model)
Workable mountains.

Nice list.

I've scratched out the two you should not be using, as they clash with the mod or replicate things the mod already does.
G

I was not sure about the workabale mountains but what is wrong with the City Limits?
I don't see the City Limits effect in the game if I turn it off.

I was not sure about the workabale mountains but what is wrong with the City Limits?
I don't see the City Limits effect in the game if I turn it off.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I assumed it extended the working limits of your city? If that is not the case, then it is fine.

G

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I assumed it extended the working limits of your city? If that is not the case, then it is fine.

Well such an effect is not in the base CPP at the moment, so his question still stands :D

Actually. I've tested Global - City Working Distance with my mod BorderPop on CPP and it works just fine. Or are we talking about something else?

Just checked what the actual "city limits" mod does and it just shows you the tiles a city with be able to work before you settle it. Something that EUI already does.

the City Working Distance mod is one of whoward's, right? It should work.

G

Probably isn't the right place to ask that, but maybe it could be integrated in some smart way? Some lategame-building giving you access to another workable ring?

I mean at this stage it wouldn't be unlikely to see 100 pop cities, I had one at close to 80 when a finished a game and most of the tiles around that city was tundra, I used no internal traderoutes and I had like 15 settled manufactories in workable range(providing little to no food). Also modern cities being able to support a larger metropolitan area than ancient ones would make sense considering how transportation have evolved?

Probably isn't the right place to ask that, but maybe it could be integrated in some smart way? Some lategame-building giving you access to another workable ring?

I mean at this stage it wouldn't be unlikely to see 100 pop cities, I had one at close to 80 when a finished a game and most of the tiles around that city was tundra, I used no internal traderoutes and I had like 15 settled manufactories in workable range(providing little to no food). Also modern cities being able to support a larger metropolitan area than ancient ones would make sense considering how transportation have evolved?

I'm reluctant to add it, as it greatly expands the memory required by the game for each city, and would probably result in CTDs in the late-game for players with 2GB of memory.

G

Top Bottom