Compatible Mods List

I'm reluctant to add it, as it greatly expands the memory required by the game for each city, and would probably result in CTDs in the late-game for players with 2GB of memory.

Perfectly good reason to not add it if I ever heard one :D
I've never actually crashed to desktop from memoryleaks, but I've gotten that popup asking me to revert windows back to base colors(for some unknown reason :D)

[offtopic]I do CTD most of the time when I try to load a save ingame or exit to menu, any idea what causes that?[offtopic]

Perfectly good reason to not add it if I ever heard one :D
I've never actually crashed to desktop from memoryleaks, but I've gotten that popup asking me to revert windows back to base colors(for some unknown reason :D)

[offtopic]I do CTD most of the time when I try to load a save ingame or exit to menu, any idea what causes that?[offtopic]

As a rule, with any modded dll, don't try to reload a save within a game, as there's a chance the game will load the basegame dll instead, causing all kinds of awful. This is simply a problem with civ's dll system.

The crash to menu sounds like you might be at your memory cap on your PC – I've got 8gb, and I don't see this bug (but Civ's memory use does swell during a 'go to menu' command, as it dumps a ton of data onto your ram).

G

As a rule, with any modded dll, don't try to reload a save within a game, as there's a chance the game will load the basegame dll instead, causing all kinds of awful. This is simply a problem with civ's dll system.

The crash to menu sounds like you might be at your memory cap on your PC – I've got 8gb, and I don't see this bug (but Civ's memory use does swell during a 'go to menu' command, as it dumps a ton of data onto your ram).

My memory is probably lower, so I guess thats why. Also takes me ages to load in mods and to load a game. The boring not-nimoy-guy usually gets to the second paragraph before I load into the game :D

Just checked what the actual "city limits" mod does and it just shows you the tiles a city with be able to work before you settle it. Something that EUI already does.

Yes but in current status we can't use Health and Plague and EUI the same time.

I think most people do not know this. Would you please include this information in the install instructions? Or even better - if it is not too much work - remove the in-game load option from the menu as CEP did?

JFYI: I also have 8gb and about 1 in 2 games went directly to desktop when I pressed "Exit to main menu" when I played before Christmas. I was using 30+ mods toghether with CPP though. I played only a little in January, but I think I have not had
any of these CTDs - maybe the newer versions of CPP do not cause this or maybe I was just lucky.

I think we should have a proper and stickied thread keeping track of the compatible/non-compatible/partially-compatible/compatible-after-you-edit-XY-file mods.

Gazebo, do you agree? Or do you think it is too early?

I will probably not have much time to play-test, but I can maintain the thread, as I often read the forums on my phone when travelling, so I can add/remove the mods from the list if someone reports.

I would start a thread with 4 starting posts:
1. Compatible mods "out of the box"
2. Non-compatible mods
3. Partially compatible
4. Compatible if you edit a certain file within the mod or CPP

Then people could report in the following posts and I would be editing the opening 4. I already have a short list myself. And you could make it stickied or you could link it from the install page.

I think we should have a proper and stickied thread keeping track of the compatible/non-compatible/partially-compatible/compatible-after-you-edit-XY-file mods.

Gazebo, do you agree? Or do you think it is too early?

I will probably not have much time to play-test, but I can maintain the thread, as I often read the forums on my phone when travelling, so I can add/remove the mods from the list if someone reports.

I would start a thread with 4 starting posts:
1. Compatible mods "out of the box"
2. Non-compatible mods
3. Partially compatible
4. Compatible if you edit a certain file within the mod or CPP

Then people could report in the following posts and I would be editing the opening 4. I already have a short list myself. And you could make it stickied or you could link it from the install page.

I agree- if you want to create the thread, I'll get it stickied. Thanks!
G

Well, I can offer that my Cultural Diversity mod is fully compatible with CP and CBP, and I've made it so that my ExCE (which depends upon the CP) can be made compatible with the CBP by turning off a few features; but I'll make instructions for that in the release thread when I make it. My Piety & Prestige is not, at the moment, compatible with the CBP; however, I'll be making some changes to make it more modular, as well as having it depend upon the CP. Most of my civs should be compatible with the CBP, but I'll report of any issues that I encounter - and if possible try to resolve them. A select few (Germans and Bavaria) have extra features if the CP is enabled, so there's that.

Most of my civs should be compatible with the CBP, but I'll report of any issues that I encounter - and if possible try to resolve them. A select few (Germans and Bavaria) have extra features if the CP is enabled, so there's that.

Are your custom-civs compatible with Events and Decisions? Because that mod is pretty baseline for most people now, and if you're not compatible with that the custom civ is going to be at a major disadvantage.

Are your custom-civs compatible with Events and Decisions? Because that mod is pretty baseline for most people now, and if you're not compatible with that the custom civ is going to be at a major disadvantage.

You mustn't be familiar with me! I was the first modder to add Events & Decisions support for my civs, even before the mod was out (I designed some of the base E&D, too). In fact, I'm the only custom civ modder, atm, who has unique decisions and events for every one of my - 37 - civs. Even more in fact, I tend to set the standard as to what mods are regularly supported for custom civs. So perish the thought that my civs might not be compatible :p

You mustn't be familiar with me! I was the first modder to add Events & Decisions support for my civs, even before the mod was out (I designed some of the base E&D, too). In fact, I'm the only custom civ modder, atm, who has unique decisions and events for every one of my - 37 - civs. Even more in fact, I tend to set the standard as to what mods are regularly supported for custom civs. So perish the thought that my civs might not be compatible :p

I'm not familiar with anything or anyone, but good to know :D

Well, I can offer that my Cultural Diversity mod is fully compatible with CP and CBP, and I've made it so that my ExCE (which depends upon the CP) can be made compatible with the CBP by turning off a few features; but I'll make instructions for that in the release thread when I make it. My Piety & Prestige is not, at the moment, compatible with the CBP; however, I'll be making some changes to make it more modular, as well as having it depend upon the CP. Most of my civs should be compatible with the CBP, but I'll report of any issues that I encounter - and if possible try to resolve them. A select few (Germans and Bavaria) have extra features if the CP is enabled, so there's that.

Awesome! I cannot stand one game without CP and CBP so it is always a pity that your mods are not combatible!
Great news ever!

I'll write a list of things with your civilizations that don't seem to work very well with CPP and if possible I'd love for you to keep a seperate download for CPP-friendly versons of those :D (bit much to ask I know, but I'm unreasonable and stuff like that)

Belgium
UU doesn't seem to be adjusted to current gatlinggun stats.

Anglo-Saxon
2 happiness on a UB with additional effects seems pretty much now, 1 would be more fitting.
If I understand the UA correctly(and I make no claim to doing so) it seems a lot weaker in CPP because you generally have smaller numbers of happiness and unhappiness and most unhappiness is mitigatable.

Swiss
With the changes to production and the removal of percentual values the amount gained from the swiss UB feels kinda unreasonable.

Milan
UU same problem as Belgium.

Denmark
Your mods gives denmark a third Unique (longboat) which probably shouldn't be there.

Iceland
Same problem as Anglo-sax, UU gives 2 happiness which is probably too much, 1 would be better.

Scotland
UB doesn't seem to provide the science on growth from normal universities. No idea if the base game 33% science is still on it(civpedia doesn't say so) but if it is it should probably be removed aswell.

Bavaria
No idea how weak the UU should be, but 22CS instead of 30 feels like it wasn't intended.

This is only counting your civilizationpacks. Many of the civs also doesn't follow the standard 1 UU, 1 UB/UI but asking you to change that is even more unreasonable so I'm leaving that out.

I can accomodate most of these changes, but the Anglo-Saxons seems fundamentally incompatible with the happiness changes, and Denmark does not add the Longboat as a third unique, but as the second, moving the Norwegian Ski Infantry to Denmark-Norway or limbo (depending upon from where you're getting Denmark). The Bavarian CS is intentional. It is a Lancer replacement which retains the same CS of the Lancer on defense, and then some when stationed on a Schloss.

I can accomodate most of these changes, but the Anglo-Saxons seems fundamentally incompatible with the happiness changes, and Denmark does not add the Longboat as a third unique, but as the second, moving the Norwegian Ski Infantry to Denmark-Norway or limbo (depending upon from where you're getting Denmark).

I personally like the anglo-saxon idea, but you're right about it not working properly. bumping it up to 100%(extreme case) would either make it extremely powerful or still pretty weak depending on playstyle, worth a try at a higher percent atleast maybe?

The thing is that CPP adds the Jelling stones to denmark, giving denmark 3 uniques with your mod (berserker Longboat jellingstone)

I see. I'll make provisions to disable the Longboat if CBP is active then.

I'll bump up the percentage for A-Ss it CBP is active, too.

Again I know that I sound really rude, but I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just doing a tactical assessment and trying to be helpful :D

Rude? Not at all. Your judgement is better than mine for how my civs might work better alongside the CBP. I was just missing the context under which you made some of your statements (like about Denmark), but now I'm more informed about how Denmark is in the CBP, I certainly can see that I can do something to make my Norway/Denmark-Norway civs more CBP-friendly. You may have also pointed out an oversight on my part on Scotland - I'll ensure that the 33% science is removed for the CBP version, but you're right, I may have forgotten it in the first place :p And these are changes that can automatically "switch-on" with the CBP, so there'll be no trouble for the user.

You may have also pointed out an oversight on my part on Scotland - I'll ensure that the 33% science is removed for the CBP version, but you're right, I may have forgotten it in the first place :p And these are changes that can automatically "switch-on" with the CBP, so there'll be no trouble for the user.

Again I didn't actually see the 33% science boost, but I didn't see the 50 science on citygrowth either so I just figured if the CPP only thing isn't there then the vanilla-thing might be there. Just asked you to check it, and add the 50 science on citygrowth if you feel that is suited.

Top Bottom