Compiling AND in VC++

Arkatakor

King
I have posted this thread in the AND forum but it does not seem very active so I though I would double post by placing my query here as well:

I Been trying to compile the AND source code today. Here are the steps I followed

1) I did a get from the repository at:

https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn

2) I copied everything under "Trunk" directory into a directory to my "Firaxis Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory.

3) In the makefile I altered the

TOOLKIT=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003

and

PSDK=C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A

directories to the relevant directories on my system.

4) I opened the "A New Dawn (VS 2008).sln" and attempted to build the project. I got this error:

Spoiler :
1>------ Build started: Project: A New Dawn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>
1> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
1> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1> "C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Zi /Od /D_DEBUG /RTC1 /Fp"Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /DQC_MASTERY_VICTORY /DLOG_AI /D_MOD_GWARM /D_MOD_SHAM_SPOILER /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include" /I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include/mfc" /YcCvGameCoreDLL.h /Fo"Debug\_precompile.obj" /c _precompile.cpp
1> 'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1> operable program or batch file.
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe' : return code '0x1'
1> Stop.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "nmake Debug" exited with code 2.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Its complaining about "C:/Program" not being recognized as an internal or external command which makes sense, so I am trying to figure out where this argument is being passed in.

PS: I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (express) - is that causing problems perhaps?

Maybe you should have copied every thing to desktop 1st and then copied the relevant files to your Mod directory with out the .svn files?

JosEPh

I have posted this thread in the AND forum but it does not seem very active so I though I would double post by placing my query here as well:

I Been trying to compile the AND source code today. Here are the steps I followed

1) I did a get from the repository at:

https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn

2) I copied everything under "Trunk" directory into a directory to my "Firaxis Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory.

3) In the makefile I altered the

TOOLKIT=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003

and

PSDK=C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A

directories to the relevant directories on my system.

4) I opened the "A New Dawn (VS 2008).sln" and attempted to build the project. I got this error:

Spoiler :
1>------ Build started: Project: A New Dawn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>
1> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
1> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1> "C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Zi /Od /D_DEBUG /RTC1 /Fp"Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /DQC_MASTERY_VICTORY /DLOG_AI /D_MOD_GWARM /D_MOD_SHAM_SPOILER /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include" /I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include/mfc" /YcCvGameCoreDLL.h /Fo"Debug\_precompile.obj" /c _precompile.cpp
1> 'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1> operable program or batch file.
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:/Program Files /Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe' : return code '0x1'
1> Stop.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "nmake Debug" exited with code 2.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Its complaining about "C:/Program" not being recognized as an internal or external command which makes sense, so I am trying to figure out where this argument is being passed in.

PS: I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (express) - is that causing problems perhaps?

Your slash is backwards.

Top Bottom