Confederacy Modular

I didnt take any from any of them this time around. I took it from from my older MOD of the confederacy(which gave the people credits back then) so if your the Credit Police, pls let me know, and pls dont write stuff if you have no idea also where i got it from, thx. And glad you like my other work, thx, and enough is enough ok.
No more on this subject from me, sorry.

I didnt take any from any of them this time around. I took it from from my older MOD of the confederacy(which gave the people credits back then) so if your the Credit Police, pls let me know, and pls dont write stuff if you have no idea also where i got it from, thx. And glad you like my other work, thx, and enough is enough ok.
No more on this subject from me, sorry.

Wow. I find it hard to believe that you would persist in this position.

Most of your mod was borrowed from other folks. I know that because I read the other threads - one of which called you out for this same thing.

The point is that I shouldn't have to wade through a bunch of other threads to find out that the work you have posted actually is built largely on the hard work of others. You should say so up front.

In your original post in this thread, you asked folks to rate your mod favorably because of the time you put into it. To do so without acknowledging that the mod also reflects the hard work of many others is extremely bad form.

Trust me on this one.

You know, when I don't get credit for art I've made, I just ask for it politely. To get all insane about it is really un necessary.

You know, when I don't get credit for art I've made, I just ask for it politely. To get all insane about it is really un necessary.

I think i covered everyone now, and thx dutchking, i couldn't have said it any better.:goodjob:

I have no work at stake here. I just noticed the issue and raised it, I thought reasonably politely, several posts ago. And was surprised by the response.

Sorry if I went overboard. All is fixed now.

And, I really do like the mod.

ok sorry im really new to the whole adding stuff to my civ games. What file do i put this under and is there anything i need to do to make this Civ avalible for "play now"?

You have to put it in:
My Documents/Beyond the Sword/MODS
Then click "advanced" and "load a mod" then select the Confederacy. Then it will be loaded and you can play it.

You know, it is just for fun. Nobody is getting famous here. Nobody is getting paid. Strategyonly has said again and again, if you're name is missing from the credit list, he'll add it. This is a great civ, pulled from a lot of people's efforts and then made into a modular assembly, and I'm greatful that it was done. So, download and enjoy. I don't think anyone will be missing any royalties.

This is by far my favorite Civilization! Also, how do you load multiple custom civs in Beyond the Sword??

Adding custom civs isn't too hard -- especially if they are modular. I apologize if I am giving you instructions on stuff you already know, but I figured I'd err on the side of "too much info" instead of "too little". Here is how I did it:
1. Create your folder in your BTS/mods directory. For testing you can just call it MyMod
2. Create the ini file (MyMod.ini). You may want to copy one from the other mods and modify it. Make sure your ini file has this line:ModularLoading = 1
3. Create a folder in MyMod called Custom Civilizations
4. Drop your "Confederacy" folder + all of it's contents in there.

Start the game, load MyMod, and the Confederacy should be available as a playable civ. Add any other modular civs to the Custom Civilizations folder. If you want a more in-depth explanation -- such as modifying the xml files etc., there's some decent tutorials on that already posted.

Oh, there are some native american civilizations available also that are modular. They'd go pretty well with the confederacy.

Top Bottom