Conquest 06: First Spoiler

EsatP said:
[c3c] open
Isabella died in 2070 :cry:

:goodjob:
Did you attack with archers? How many Spain cities did you capture ?

If this game wouldn't be Conquests I may be also attacked early in hope of GL. ;)

hi!

I want to do the domination victory this time, tried the 20k in the Inca game and noticed is was difficult to get a good score with that though I enjoyed that the victory required less "work" to play.

Highlights?

* Got the great lighthouse! I seldom build that, it is fantastic & looks great
* Got lucky with the settler
* Managed to encircle the Spanish. Had 3-warrior groups that were blocking
the paths for their settlers to. Was going on for several turns! .. I felt
clever :cool:
* The war hasn't started yet but I've got catapults and horses sorted. It
is 250BC. A galley is in the waters just next to the iron & the biggest
pack will march onto their horse resource when I declare.

cheers,
John

Attachments

• sp1.JPG
    sp1.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 256
SirPleb said:
{I} got the fastest non-religious revolution I've ever had - two turns! In most games that would be impossible for me. By the time I learn Republic my Civ is usually too large to get such a fast revolution. In this game I had just six towns when I learned Republic.

Are you saying that anarchy length is based on the size of one's civ? I didn't know that! Is there an article somewhere that covers this?

bradleyfeanor said:
Are you saying that anarchy length is based on the size of one's civ? I didn't know that! Is there an article somewhere that covers this?

Yep, that's what he's saying. The larger the civ the bigger the odds for a longer anarchy period. Don't know if there's an article on this though...

Darkness said:
Yep, that's what he's saying. The larger the civ the bigger the odds for a longer anarchy period. Don't know if there's an article on this though...
someone told me it's added as follows:
number between(1-4) based on size + random number between(1-4) for non-religous civ's.
not sure what determines the first number as i've never found an article. this was an off hand comment in a pbem spoiler thread (paal vs killer @ cdz)

btw, i lucked out too and got the 2T revolt :D that makes up for the 7T one i had a while back (cotm1 or 2)

grahamiam said:
someone told me it's added as follows:
number between(1-4) based on size + random number between(1-4) for non-religous civ's.
not sure what determines the first number as i've never found an article. this was an off hand comment in a pbem spoiler thread (paal vs killer @ cdz)

btw, i lucked out too and got the 2T revolt :D that makes up for the 7T one i had a while back (cotm1 or 2)

Too bad we can't predict this reliably: that would be very helpful indeed. I don't think the formula is as simple as the one someone told you, because in COTM1 (Hittites, non-religious), I drew a 1-turn anarchy. :eek: I had 7 or 8 cities at the time IIRC. I thought I had hit a bug, and immediately PMed Ainwood to see if I had invalidated my game somehow. But nope, it sometimes happens apparently.

bradleyfeanor said:
Too bad we can't predict this reliably: that would be very helpful indeed. I don't think the formula is as simple as the one someone told you, because in COTM1 (Hittites, non-religious), I drew a 1-turn anarchy. :eek: I had 7 or 8 cities at the time IIRC. I thought I had hit a bug, and immediately PMed Ainwood to see if I had invalidated my game somehow. But nope, it sometimes happens apparently.

1-turn! I never have less then 3. :(

Dynamic said:
1-turn! I never have less then 3. :(
hell, i'm happy with 5 and nearly pee my pants if its 4 :) definitely never saw 1T when playing non-religous.

@bradley -> that statement is probably oversimplified, but it's the only one i've seen, and i've searched 3 sites so far. i'll post a link to this post if i find something.

edit: ok, here's a link at apolyton -> http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=2797875#post2797875

poster states its 0-3 based on size + 1-5 RNG, however, someone further down points out that 9T is possible in C3C. anyone know for sure?

Dynamic said:
:goodjob:
Did you attack with archers? How many Spain cities did you capture ?

If this game wouldn't be Conquests I may be also attacked early in hope of GL. ;)
When I see Ivory around Madrid I has made the decision kill Isabella immediate.
2 own warrior + 1 warrior from hut + archer without haste kill defenders. One times I make peace and take 2 tech+worker. Units have recovered and second war ended when I capture Madrid. Has remained only half dead archer and leader :D .
sorry :crazyeye: english
rezult from spain: 3 workers + 1 city + 1 leader

We need to give EsatP a special award for the earliest elimination of Spain :) .
or maybe we should give a red ambulance award to Isabella.

grahamiam said:
poster states its 0-3 based on size + 1-5 RNG, however, someone further down points out that 9T is possible in C3C. anyone know for sure?[/i]
I recently had a 9T in C3C, so I can guarantee you that that is possible, and therefore those numbers are not quite right (for C3C).

dmanakho said:
We need to give EsatP a special award for the earliest elimination of Spain :) .
or maybe we should give a red ambulance award to Isabella.
This way is not good. Result is weak. I has lost interest to game and play very fast.... - "Time played: 06:29:25" with Domination victory.

Sandman2003 said:
I recently had a 9T in C3C, so I can guarantee you that that is possible, and therefore those numbers are not quite right (for C3C).

I wouldn't be surprised if 1T, 2T and 9T anarchies only became possible in C3C, because I had never seen one before I started playing that version. Sounds like you and Dynamic (who just started playing C3C) didn't either. I am going to start paying close attention to the anarchy periods in C3C, perhaps there is some sort of pattern.

Thanks for all the info Grahamiam. :) The formula you posted sounds right to me for PTW and Vanilla.

bradleyfeanor said:
I wouldn't be surprised if 1T, 2T and 9T anarchies only became possible in C3C,

There are 9 turn anarchies?! Wait... there are 7 turn anarchies?!? I only ever see between 4-6 except for the 2 I got this time. I almost fainted.

EsatP said:
rezult from spain: 3 workers + 1 city + 1 leader

Very well. You got the maximum effect from this war. :king:
In Conquests the early Leader may be used for rushing FP when you have enough amount of cities. But in Conquests the benefit from FP much less then in Classic game and it is the reason why I didn't go this way. :(

Your plaing time is very short. Usually I play to Domination 20 - 30 hours. :blush:

:lol: Nice saying, solen :thumbsup:
Although I'll never be able to finish a game in under 10 hours myself :(

Starting moves
Code:
4000 BC	Worker N, Irrigate, Road
	Settler: Lisbon Founded
	Research Beremonial Burial (100%)

3750 BC Built Scout (name Seeker) in Lisbon

3650 BC Lisbon: Labor moved to irrigated wines

3600 BC Hooked Wines
	Worker S,SE, road, mine

3500 BC Researched CB, next Writing

3150 BC	Contacted Spain

3100 BC	Worker NE, road, mine	

3000 BC Built Settler in Lisbon
	Settler N,N
	Seeker Discovered Ivory and Hut

2950 BC Settler N
	Hut popped - Warrior Code
	Lisbon: Labor moved to irrigated wines

2900 BC Settler E

2850 BC Founded Oporto

2710 BC Asked to withdraw troops from Spanish

2670 BC Spotted Another hut

2630 BC	25 GP from Hut
	Worker W,N,NE, road

2590 BC Lisbon: Labor moved to mBG+, mG+

2470 BC Worker NE, road, mine

2390 BC Researched Writing (overrun 10 GP), next CoL
In short I have settled in place. My research started with quick CB (to avoid getting that cheap tech from the hut), then Writing and Republic slingshot. Build order in the capital was: Scout, Settler (3000 BC), Granary, Worker, Settler. As the capital was insufficient in the role of settler/worker factory, my second city Oporto has build order Granary, Settlers.

Expansion/Exploration
My third city Guimaraes was dedicated to sea exploration - 2 curraghs were built there (relatively late). After Curraghs this city started Barracks as well as my fourth and Fifth cities. Barracks were also built in Oporto and Lisbon when food limited settler production.
I have got Republic during turn change from 1475 to 1450 BC, revolted immediately and had republic formed in 1350 BC.

QSC situation
Contacts: Spain 3150 BC, 2nd Civ 1125 BC, both Embassies
8 cities, 1 settler, some workers, no military units so far
Huts popped: Warrior Code, maps, 25Gp
Techs: Iron Working, Republic, Map MAking, Mysticism, Wheel, Warrior Code, (only top techs listed)

Heading to Medieval
I have not my notes after 1000 BC at hand, so briefly. I have started building Lighthouse in Lisbon to trigger GA, perform intensive sea exploration by Curraghs an two more Galleys. Taking slight risk and losing one Curragh I contacted all civs by the time I reached MT or slightly after. It allowed me to trade for Math, Construction, Polytheism. MT was reached between 500 and 400 BC (475 BC IIRC). My Barracks cities were busy producing a Vet. spearman per city and some more. As the Spanish claimed the near Horses resource and the only Iron, my expansion was directed to eastern shore where I claimed horses and started building horde of horsemen about the same time as I reached MT.

Top Bottom