Conquests - Can't find CD after patching to 1.22

Nebuzaradan

Chieftain
I have Civ3, PTW, and Conquests. All of them work fine in the original unpatched version. But when I try to patch Conquests to 1.22 it suddenly can't find the CD (it didn't even require it before the patch).

Any ideas?

Now, now, deo, don't be so quick to judge. There are legitimate reasons as to why it was played before without a CD.

A little more information would be very helpful. Version (Conqests vs. Complete), where you got the game, how you got the game (disc vs download), that kind of thing.

Yeah, no problem. I bought the CD through Scholastic, a company that sells various things to teachers and students. I got Civ3, PTW, and Conquests all three together (but not the complete pack).

The game is version 1.00 when I install it and everything seems to work fine. It's never asked for the CD when I start the game (at least in conquests, original Civ3 and PTW did ask for the CD, but not conquests).

Scholastic is an official company, not some weird company selling illegal knock-offs. The only thing I could think of that would account for it being different is if they got custom games from Infogrames. I've emailed them and just haven't heard back yet.

I just about to get too sick of it all and return the game to Scholastic and go buy the complete pack from Walmart....

The only custom games that I'm aware of are the downloadable ones, from places like trygames.com. They have to tweak the program so it doesn't look for the cd. When a patch is released (probably not an issue anymore) you'd have to get the patch from them, not here or the firaxis site, as the CD protection is upgraded each time. They would again have to tweak it so it doesn't look for the CD.

In any event, I'd probably send it back and get a refund. Since you're not getting any help from their customer service, and you can't patch the game to the level it should be patched to. And if/when you get complete, it's already fully patched, so no worries about this issue.

Top Bottom